Reception Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if this is my scanner antenna or if it is just a dead spot, but the Hwy 34 and Hwy 36 canyons from Estes to the front range are complete deadspots for my scanner, except for a few patches. I was wondering if anyone else is able to get reception in those areas and what sort of set-up they were using. Right now, I am using a wide-band through glass antenna to a BCD996XT, with plans to upgrade to a regular NMO mount, but I am wondering if it will be worth the trouble.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Hwy 34 reception

I drive the Hwy 34 weekly, it has lots of areas that do not have good coverage.
The tower sites in the area are Bald Mtn (WSW of Loveland) Drake which is located in the small village of Drake and only a few agencies have affliation privileges, then in Estes Park is Prospect Mtn.
Once in the Big Thompson Canyon coverage is very limited to say the least.
Can't help you with the Hwy 36.
So I would say your not having radio or antenna problems.

73, Rex

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
36 is a bit better but not much...... Boulder convetional stuff is ok .....DTRS is spotty hense the reason boulder is so reluctant to switch over similar issues in several of their canyons . As does Larimer county with the 14 canyon hense the never ending drama of the bald mountain site

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for those answers. That is exactly what I figured, I just wanted to check and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.