BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Record File Duration

Status
Not open for further replies.

royldean

Is there any way to increase the duration of the record file? Currently it tops out at like 3 minutes.... There are some late night ISS SSTV transmissions coming up next week that I would like to record, and it would be far easier to record the full 10 minute pass than trying to stitch together multiple 3 minute files in order to decode the image.

Searched and all I can find is discovery mode record duration.... nothing about plain old recording.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
4 min is the max setting per file. In the setting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ecarvalho

Really? You didn't find it useful? Okay then.
Your smart response is even less useful

and since you decided to be a smart mouth go figure the software information out yourself

I don't get people that need help and if one tries to help they have the guts to give an attitude ... had you asked for more information like a decent person I would given you the information you needed.

Good luck

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Replay duration has nothing to do with how long of an audio recording the scanner will make. It controls how long audio files are kept before being automatically deleted when the scanner is in Replay mode (as opposed to record mode, in which case audio files are kept until manually deleted).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I set the squelch to off and recorded about 30 minutes of open squelch. Went in and reviewed the recording and there were almost 10, 3 minute wav files. The was from hitting function, then replay to manually start recording. I looked everywhere and I can't find anything in the scanner or in sentinel that's set for 3 minutes..

frazpo

Really? You didn't find it useful? Okay then.
Your smart response is even less useful

and since you decided to be a smart mouth go figure the software information out yourself

I don't get people that need help and if one tries to help they have the guts to give an attitude ... had you asked for more information like a decent person I would given you the information you needed.

Good luck

Well put.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Anyone ever chack and see if the point where it stops one and resumed the other is "seemless"? If so there are several pieces of software that would effortlessly stich it together.

Then - that would also require software...

royldean

Is there any way to increase the duration of the record file?

I would use software to record that... not the scanner recording function

You know what I don't get? People who don't READ the question, but instead suggest something that has NOTHING to do with OP.

So I repeat, Mr. Carvalho...... Do YOU know how to adjust the record duration?

ecarvalho

You know what I don't get? People who don't READ the question, but instead suggest something that has NOTHING to do with OP.

You have an attitude problem and obviously need to start better yourself before I could help you further. I gave you a proper answer and that's what you have from me. No more.
Even if I didn't answer your question properly (which i did) you still shouldn't mock my answer hence, being disrespectful.
Sarcasm isn't going to get you anywhere here with me.

Good luck!

Last edited:

325xia

Premium Subscriber

Well, your original question did ask for “File” record duration. Now, you are asking for “Record Duration”. It is not clear what you are asking for.

So, here is a link to the Easier To Read Manual:

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

phask

Premium Subscriber
The answer has been given - now it's just re-hashing the garbage.

In cse you missed, the answer is NO.

Unless you get Uniden to change something it ain't gonna' change.

Status
Not open for further replies.