BCT15X: Record-out questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I am finding it surprisingly difficult to get any information on the record-out feature of my scanner. I could just be overlooking the obvious, so I apologize if this is the case.

Basically I'm just wanting to know about the record-out feature (browsing the easier to read manual is not helping :( ), but more specifically I want to know if I can scan (conventional and truncked) systems while the record-out feature is on. I want to listen to everyday coms traffic, and when a specific channel comes over the air I want to be able to record it as I receive it.

I will continue my search for info on the record-out feature, and again I apologize if I am overlooking something obvious.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
I guess I should give some background story. The scanner is in a truck so I cant really remove it and do some record testing. I plan on running a line from the scanner to a laptop plus I plan on having the program cable permanently hooked up to the laptop and scanner.

localknitwits

Manual

Aron,

I haven't done this yet but if you search the manual a little closer it looks like its straight forward. From the Easier to Read Manual By Mark

Record-Out Jack - lets you can connect an output jack to a VOX controlled recorder or PC sound input to record the received audio on selected channels, systems,Close Call, Fire Tone-Out, and searches.

For Example

Conventional System Programming

First Under System options

Set Record enables the REC jack for marked channels, no channels, or all channels in the system. The default setting is off

Scroll to 'Set Record' and press E/.Scroll to one of 3 settings and press E/ to save and exit.
1) All Channel - The scanner sends the audio for all channels in the system to the REC jack, regardless of the channel’s record option setting.
2) Marked Channel - The scanner only sends the audio for channels that have the record option turned on to the REC
3) Jack.Off (LOL) - The scanner does not send any audio from any channel in the system to the REC jack, even if the record option is turned on for a channel.

Pick option no. 2 then enable record for just the individual channel in edit channel.

Trunking is similar, Do a search of SET RECORD in the manual.

Hope this helps a little.

Do a search in the manual for SET RECORD. You can enable just the channels you want to output.

Status
Not open for further replies.