BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Recording Playback Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed lately that my recordings have been cut-off sometimes at the beginning, middle or end of conversations. It happens on different agencies and different systems. It's consistently doing this too. Any suggestions? Have others experienced this? Thanks

tampatracker

Have you checked your recording time settings? Lengthen the time and see if that helps.

325xia

Premium Subscriber
That record time setting is for Replay. I am talking about Recordings that you playback later and are saved. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
Is the reception of the channels/talkgroups you are recording solid? I'm assuming it is but if the reception is broken, the recordings will be broken.

Other possibilities:

- I've always noticed the recordings end very abruptly - almost cutting off the last 1/2 second of the conversation; parts missing in the middle for me are usually poor reception

- is the card nearly full?

- the card could be failing / try a new card

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Is the reception of the channels/talkgroups you are recording solid? I'm assuming it is but if the reception is broken, the recordings will be broken.

Other possibilities:

- I've always noticed the recordings end very abruptly - almost cutting off the last 1/2 second of the conversation; parts missing in the middle for me are usually poor reception

- is the card nearly full?

- the card could be failing / try a new card

These are great suggestions. I have really good reception at home where I record these sessions. Again, today my recordings from last night are missing a lot of the conversation per mic key. I think I may try reformatting this card and rewriting to it. I hope it helps. I will advise as to what happens. Thanks

325xia

Premium Subscriber
Update. Reformatting the stock SD Card fixed this problem. This is good to know. I would suggest if you are having this or any other problem with these SD Card based scanners...try reformatting it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.