Remote for scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

Maybe it's been done.... but I think a remote for scanners (base and/or handheld) would be neat. I'd love to have a remote for my Pro-2054 at night in bed or just sittin' in the easy chair.

RISC777

Wireless keyboard or/and mouse to the PC and software control of the radio?

W4USP

If you're talking about just listening, I've used a baby monitor, and I've also used wireless headphones plugged into the external speaker jack.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I think Scanner Master made a remote for one of the Uniden desktop/mobile scanners before, I think it was the BC780.

jeffy

remote

My base unit is attached to a 12'' turntable (lazy Susan) by the bed. It's pretty easy to access but sometimes a remote would be handy.

wesct

scanfan03 said:
I think Scanner Master made a remote for one of the Uniden desktop/mobile scanners before, I think it was the BC780.

you are correct. they also make a remote for the 785/796. its kind of pricey,
but it does the trick.

wesct

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
My old Shinwa had one, pretty cool! You can still find them around ebay etc.
No trunking and stuff.

jeffy

remote

I'm not real technical but have enjoyed radios since I was a small boy. I grew up in foster homes and wasn't allowed to have a radio on after the lights went out. Of course I snuck my little transistor (about the size of your hand) under the pillow... it was my escape from reality..... My ticket to the world. I wish I'd had a scanner back in those days. Anyway, my main point here is... I'm not very much of a techie but nonetheless have had a thing for radios (and now scanners) for years. Before I bought the Pro-2054 I took my handhelds (Pro-89/Pro-94) to bed. I have banks set up for scanning to suit me. During storms I have one bank set aside for local agencies - Hwy. dept., ODOT, Sheriff and so on. Lots of times I do searches just to see what's there. Yeah, a remote would be handy.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi lizards,

The TV remote was invented for the lazy couch potato who calls his wife to get another beer for him and takes half an hour to decide whether to get his fat butt off the couch to pee or use an empty can.

And you want one for a scanner as if it doesn't channel surf on it's own?

Jeffy, if the house mother was anything like MY mother she had super powers. She had super hearing, X-Ray eyes and could leap into the room in a single bound at the click of a switch under the pillow! My escape from reality was listening to Gene Shepherd on WOR 710 New York, his stories were facinating and his Christmas movie was made from one of the worst. Well, few would be interested in a movie about him bugging the neighbors' homes or getting a citation from the FCC for an improperly operating ham transmitter but just the same, FLICK LIVES!

jeffy

click of the switch...

Radio was my savior at the time. WOR, WABC, WBAP, WWL, WLW, WCFL, WBZ, KMOX and many others I listened to late at night when I should have been sleeping. Getting up at 4:30 or 5:00 to empty the coal clinkers and feeding critters came mighty quick after a late night Reds game on the west coast! I still keep a radio (along with my Pro-2054) by the bed. I jump around the dial listening to mostly talk radio these days. Listen to a bit of shortwave too. By the way, I did have my radio taken a time or two. Another thing.... when my battery would go dead it might be days or a week before I could get another. Not a good thing. About 4 years ago I bought one of the Baygen wind up/solar radios. Having something like that back then would've saved me the grief of no battery. I bought it mainly for power outages. The lights go out and I don't miss a beat. I don't know the history on this radio but I've wound (clockwork spring) mine a zillion times and it works as good as the day it arrived. Love to see an american company make an emergency radio with a clockwork spring. The ones being touted on the net and radio shack (Grundig FR200) can't be counted on when you really need it as the rechargable batteries (dynamo) eventually go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.