• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Remote Head Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecbooe

I know the Uniden remote head comes with a 10 foot cable. Can you cut the cable in half and make a splice with cat 6 data cable. It will be about a 30 foot run.

Thanks in advance, Eddie

How 'bout an answer to this one? Since they both plug in to the same place, is there a way, or has anyone run both the Uniden remote head and a GPS unit at the same time? Could a splitter be used on the serial port?

n2deep

Premium Subscriber
The scanner has its GPS port in the back, while the remote head plugs into the front of scanner.

N9JIG

Sheriff
GregFromOregon said:
How 'bout an answer to this one? Since they both plug in to the same place, is there a way, or has anyone run both the Uniden remote head and a GPS unit at the same time? Could a splitter be used on the serial port?
Since the GPS connects on the rear serial port and the Remote Head cable connects to the front data port, you can run both at the same time.

I was doing just that in my van for several months until I rebuilt the rack and stopped using the remote head.

For an extension to the cable for my remote head, I bought the 25 foot extension from the dollar store. Works great and you can't beat the price: $1

Status
Not open for further replies.