BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Remote Scanner Audio

steve_turner9

We have 2 Uniden BCD536HP scanners in remote offices running audio back to our main office through ProScan. Keep getting complaints of poor audio. Would anybody have any tips or suggestions on cleaning up the audio?

WX9RLT

Top Dawg
Lower the mic input volume.

I had a similar issue, and it worked after trial and error.
It is in the volume settings for the input and outputs.

Also, make sure that the antenna is working properly.
And that it's not the receiving audio into the scanner, that is poor.
If that is the case, then all you have to do is tweak the antenna left or right a bit.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. What's your mp3 bit rate set to here? I have mine set at 64 bits, sounds fine to me remotely
1727986587641.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
We have 2 Uniden BCD536HP scanners in remote offices running audio back to our main office through ProScan. Keep getting complaints of poor audio. Would anybody have any tips or suggestions on cleaning up the audio?

Since you are using BCD536HPs, I would use the Wi-Fi audio. The audio is crystal clear as you won't have problems associated with analog signals and connections to the sound card. The draw back is Wi-Fi interference or weak signals can cause bit errors and dropouts.

cg

Premium Subscriber
How is the audio at each of the offices where the radios are?
What type of signal are you monitoring? For example, P25P2 trunking may bring more problems than other types of signals with those scanners.