Repeater Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonderrs

I downloaded CHIRP and have used the "Import from Data Source" tab to get the repeaters I want uploaded to CHIRP from RepeaterBook.com?

I am wondering if I need to mess with any of the configurations the repeaters are automatically given when they were uploaded to CHIRP? Do I need to edit any of the Tones or Duplexes? or just keep them the way they were when they were uploaded from RepeaterBook.com?

Does that make sense?

I downloaded CHIRP and have used the "Import from Data Source" tab to get the repeaters I want uploaded to CHIRP from RepeaterBook.com?

I am wondering if I need to mess with any of the configurations the repeaters are automatically given when they were uploaded to CHIRP? Do I need to edit any of the Tones or Duplexes? or just keep them the way they were when they were uploaded from RepeaterBook.com?

Does that make sense?

Because I have just left the channels the way they were uploaded and do not hear any broadcasts from repeaters.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Some of the repeater listings could be simply inaccurate or could be so-called "paper repeaters"... repeaters that have been coordinated but are not actually on the air. If you happen to have a ham club in your area, you can often find a listing of active local repeaters on their web page.

It is also the case that, in general, amateur repeater use is down significantly from years past. Morning and evening drive-time hours are often the best time to listen.

jonderrs

I was able to find and hear activity on a few repeaters.

With my license, am I able to transmit to those repeaters after completing/programming my handheld with CHIRP ? the offsets have been programmed, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.