Reverse Multicoupler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDScanFan

Look up duplexers and remote coax switches. What antennas are you trying to connect?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Is there a way I can connect multiple antennas to one run of LMR400 coax?

If the antennas are for different bands, you want a Diplexer or Triplexer depending on your exact application.

If the antennas are the same band, then it gets tricky and there really isn't one off the shelf product that will work.

You can do some interesting things with diplexers/triplexers with having different band radios on one end, common coax in between, and different band antennas on the far end.

Ubbe

Duplexers are often filters to handle two frequencies in the same band and combine them to one coax and are often very narrow banded. Diplexers are refering to two frequencies in different frequency bands that are combined. There are even triplexers that handle three different frequency bands.

/Ubbe

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way I can connect multiple antennas to one run of LMR400 coax?

Assuming you are going to use the antenna for different bands, other responses will address that telling you about using diplexers to do that. If you are trying to use it for receiving and transmitting on a single band,, Ubbe's response about duplexers addresses that. But if you are thinking you can use more than one antenna to improve reception on one band, you have a can of worms. This is because the phase of the signals are as likely to weaken your signal as they are to strengthen it unless the spacing of the antennas and signal direction is addressed for that frequency---you really do not want to go there.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.