Reynolds County Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbritton1201

Captain1201
Reynolds County Sheriff changed from VHF Analog to what is listed below. I'm not sure I know which of these frequencies to enter into my Uniden BC536HP scanner, so that it will receive traffic from both the main base dispatch channel, car to base, and car to car traffic. Can anyone advise?

Reynolds County Sheriff
*WQQS915 - 852.0375 Base/Mobile Extenders, 807.0375 Mobiles (P25/NFM)

FrequencyLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
155.25000KQO319BMReyn Shrf OldSheriff: Dispatch [Ch 1]FMNLaw Dispatch

Also, I would like to enter the frequencies for Highway Patrol (Troop G), which is the Troop that apparently covers Reynolds County, Missouri, but can't seem to locate the independent MOSWIN or Analog frequencies for Troop G MSHP. Does anyone know the frequencies I should enter for Troop G MSHP?

I live in Franklin County, and want to enter Reynolds County, Missouri law enforcement into my scanner, so my brother, who lives in Reynolds County, can monitor their traffic via my scanner, along with what I have setup with respect to Franklin County traffic, and MSHP Metro and Rural Traffic in the St. Louis Metro area.

My scanner is set up as a server so that anything coming across the scanner can be monitored via cell phone through the internet. But, I'm skeptical that my scanner located in Franklin County, Missouri, is likely to even be able to receive signals being broadcast from Reynolds County, especially off of MOSWIN towers. I do have a VHF/UHF base station antenna in my attic, which is up about 20 feet off the ground that is connected to the scanner, and reception is very good in Franklin County and the St. Louis Metro area.

If it's not likely to be able to receive signals from Reynolds County, Missouri, when my scanner is located in Franklin County, Missouri, then I would probably give up on the idea of entering the frequencies into my scanner for Reynolds County, Missouri.

It just so happens that there are no feeds coming onto Broadcastify out of Reynolds County. If I thought my scanner in Franklin County, Missouri (Union/Washington, Missouri area) would receive signals from Reynolds County, then I might consider making my scanner a feed for Broadcastify. But, if there isn't much of a chance of receiving signals from Reynolds County, Missouri, then there is no sense in going any further with these endeavors. Please advise...Thanks!

Last edited:

laidback

RailFanning is a way of Life
Premium Subscriber
RFSSSite DecSite HexSite NACDescriptionCounty NameLatLonRangeFrequencies
3​
5​
5​
1CFLesterville Taum SaukReynolds
37.54272​
-90.8253​
25​
159.255​
154.9125​
154.6875​
155.565​
154.815​
170.5625​

Found in RR also p25 II system.. Hope it helps,

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If it's not likely to be able to receive signals from Reynolds County, Missouri, when my scanner is located in Franklin County, Missouri, then I would probably give up on the idea of entering the frequencies into my scanner for Reynolds County, Missouri.

It just so happens that there are no feeds coming onto Broadcastify out of Reynolds County. If I thought my scanner in Franklin County, Missouri (Union/Washington, Missouri area) would receive signals from Reynolds County, then I might consider making my scanner a feed for Broadcastify. But, if there isn't much of a chance of receiving signals from Reynolds County, Missouri, then there is no sense in going any further with these endeavors. Please advise...Thanks!

Reynolds county to your area in Franklin county is a fair distance.
The Reynolds county site 3-05 that @laidback posted about would be the correct site on the Reynolds county side of things but I think the distance between the two is just not in your favor.
You may find some days or early mornings where the Reynolds county site comes in good in your part of Franklin county but it will likely be an unstable signal that only works once in a while at best.
Could you receive Reynolds counties old analog frequency of 155.250 from your place in Franklin county in the past?

The main advantage you have is the site elevation at the Reynolds county site being located at or near the highest elevation point in the state but the physical distance between the two locations is going to kill your chances of decent or any reception from Reynold county in my opinion.

If you already have the digital scanner, go ahead and program and monitor site 3-05 out of Lesterville and see if you get a signal or not.
That's your best test and only takes a couple minutes to add site 3-05 into your scanner for testing.
Sometimes the digital signals will surprise you as to how far their signals can travel.

You could also try the VHF Moswin sites in Iron and Dent counties. They are nearer to Franklin County but will probably not carry some or any of the traffic you were hoping for from the Reynolds county site.

I can hear the Reynolds county site along with Troop G from here in Chesterfield in St Louis county but only on days the band is open. In my case, that reception is not common and most of the time there is no signal from the Reynolds county Moswin site 3-05 here.
It does not hurt anything to plug the sites in into your radio and trying though.

rbritton1201

Captain1201
I've used the Uniden Sentinel Program to program my Uniden BC536HP scanner, and when I search their data base, it shows that Reynold's County is on talk group #6503, through the MOSWIN's Interoperability System, and it's labeled "Law Dispatch" for Reynolds County. The Sentinel program has worked well to program the scanner for my local PDs, MSHP, etc...in Franklin County, and the greater St. Louis area. For simplicity sake, I would prefer to program using the Uniden Sentinel program.

Radio Reference and the Uniden Sentinel Program both show that Reynolds County is dispatching on analog frequency 155.250, which I've determined they no longer use, and even within Radio Reference, the frequency is labeled as "Old."

When I search the MOSWIN System in Radio Reference under Reynolds County, the search returns the following:
3 (3)005 (5)Lesterville - Taum SaukReynolds, MO154.6875a154.815154.9125c155.565159.255170.5625

I have heard that Reynolds County is dispatching via "digital" now, which I assume is via MOSWIN, but I have no definitive knowledge of this, other than rumor from Lesterville, Missouri, and by consulting Radio Reference.

If I program using Sentinel from Uniden, it would be pretty simple to just select the talk group they indicate under their Reynolds County data base, and plug it into the scanner's programming. But, I'm not sure if entering just the talk group reference within the Uniden Sentinel program will program the scanner to receive Reynolds County on MOSWIN's system, which is where I assume Reynolds County is actually dispatching these days. Below is a snapshot of the Uniden Sentinel programming page for Reynolds County under MOSWIN.

picture002.jpg

I don't really understand how Uniden's Sentinel program correlates with what I'm seeing on the MOSWIN Radio Reference frequency data base. I'm confused as to whether I should just plug in the talk group into the scanner from the Uniden Sentinel program, or if it would be the better to program the scanner via the blue frequency shown under the Radio Reference MOSWIN frequency data base.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
The varies unit associates it with the closet Tower in range. The Control channel decides what "Voices" Frequencies. Which are listed in the RR database.

Status
Not open for further replies.