Rig???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delivers1234

I want a rig. What do I want? I live in an apartment in central ca facing east with hills. I can get 2/70. Money is tight but it's all about giving it to my kids. So about $750. What do you recommend. Used is fine if it works. Not sure if I can create an antenna etc. with my time. Guide me please.

wrath

Antennas are easy to make or you can do something like a magnet mount antenna on a cookie sheet for a ground plane , you can take your pick of just about any dual band mobile , it depends on your desires , do you want to operate digital modes like dstar,DMR, fusion ,aprs, dual band handi talkies start at like $35 and go up to about $650 ,in order to help you better we need more info ,otherwise we are just telling you there are radios that you can buy !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you already have an FT-2DR, and FTM-100. I won't answer antenna question here as that could be posted in the Antenna section. Looks like you have an RV as well. I'm not certain of your qualifications in the USA or what you can work. However as you have 2m and 70 cm covered a Yaesu FT-891, ICOM 718 are in your price range. Look on line at some dealers and review their radio specs and costs.

Encouraging proper use of two-way radio spectrum including CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.