Roanoke PD/FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchman

Does anybody have any information on Roanoke changing over to the FW P25 system? There was a newspaper article that stated the changeover was to be on 3/18. I am hearing PD like traffic on the FW system but cannot ID if they are from Roanoke.
Thanks.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber

Eric61

Does anybody have any information on Roanoke changing over to the FW P25 system? There was a newspaper article that stated the changeover was to be on 3/18. I am hearing PD like traffic on the FW system but cannot ID if they are from Roanoke.
Thanks.

What talkgroup are you hearing the traffic on and on what site are you hearing it?

patchman

The article was in the Keller Citizen (Feb 19,2014) and specifically mentioned moving from conventional to a trunked system and being able to talk to Keller and Fort Worth. It stated they will be able to communicate on the Fort Worth system beginnining on March 18.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
The article was in the Keller Citizen (Feb 19,2014) and specifically mentioned moving from conventional to a trunked system and being able to talk to Keller and Fort Worth. It stated they will be able to communicate on the Fort Worth system beginnining on March 18.

I think the article and title are a little misleading. It sounds like from the Chief's quote that it's in addition too, and not a replacement.

Roanoke police switching radio system for special events | News | Keller Citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.