Rockport TX

DougP319

After Harvey the PD and SO went to a joint dispatch center on separate radio systems. The PD recently switched over to the 2 channels the SO has been using since the new system after Harvey.
They are working on some system issues that were discovered recently as well. They are both on the GATRRS system.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
After Harvey the PD and SO went to a joint dispatch center on separate radio systems. The PD recently switched over to the 2 channels the SO has been using since the new system after Harvey.
They are working on some system issues that were discovered recently as well. They are both on the GATRRS system.
They’re using the 700 MHz GATRRS tower there? Do you know if the VHF they have been reporting here for ACSO is patched to that?

DougP319

They’re using the 700 MHz GATRRS tower there? Do you know if the VHF they have been reporting here for ACSO is patched to that?
That’s my understanding is they are both on the SO 700 MHz GATRRS system. I don’t k ow about the VHF patch.
Sorry for the delayed response I’ve been busy.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Heading to Rockport for 4 days. I have a 436hp, SDS100,536hp , laptop and unitrunker 2.1. If I have time what can I do to assist with this? I don't plan on sitting near a scanner for 4 days but I guess trunking discovery might help?? Also saving the unitrunker files for someone to look at if someone can tell me how.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Heading to Rockport for 4 days. I have a 436hp, SDS100,536hp , laptop and unitrunker 2.1. If I have time what can I do to assist with this? I don't plan on sitting near a scanner for 4 days but I guess trunking discovery might help?? Also saving the unitrunker files for someone to look at if someone can tell me how.
Ok, update, I did not have Unitrunker 2.1 I had an older version. When I downloaded 2.1 it does not see my Dongle so it may not be an option this weekend. I'll still take the other scanners so let me know what I can help with.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Ok, update, I did not have Unitrunker 2.1 I had an older version. When I downloaded 2.1 it does not see my Dongle so it may not be an option this weekend. I'll still take the other scanners so let me know what I can help with.
I know when I did Unitrunker 2, that I had to do a different setting on the drivers (won't break any other apps, but Unitrunker needs it), might be a quick fix to get you back in business.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Since Unitrunker does not support phase 2 I'm going a different route.
Honestly, I keep Unitrunker in my arsenal specifically for the Motorola Type II support but use DSDPlus Fastlane (the paid version) as my primary go to application for most systems (since it can also do the still rare P25 Phase 2 Control Channel decoding), and SDRTrunk (which is for looking at LTR systems) but does a decent job with P25 as well.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
I could re-install the older version of Unitrunker, can I save the files before I close it to save all the data?

ralexander5

Premium Subscriber
I have been unable to receive again but 2 nights ago I received a new system which appears to be on the Coastal Bend 46FEA system. I found nothing in the FCC database for any new applications. The site was in Site Trunking mode and there was no activity. System was coming in with the skip from the south. Its possible this is new Rockport site. Need someone a little closer to there to confirm if any of the freq. are active.

Data from DSDplus:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network: 46FEA.055

Bandplan #0: Base=851.0125 Offset=-45 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5
Bandplan #8: Base=851.0125 Offset=-45 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5 Slots=2

Site: 53.53 NAC=03D

Channel 0-272: 854.4125 CC
Channel 0-408: 856.1125 SCC
Channel 0-446: 856.5875 SCC
Channel 0-480: 857.0125 SCC

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I have been unable to receive again but 2 nights ago I received a new system which appears to be on the Coastal Bend 46FEA system. I found nothing in the FCC database for any new applications. The site was in Site Trunking mode and there was no activity. System was coming in with the skip from the south. Its possible this is new Rockport site. Need someone a little closer to there to confirm if any of the freq. are active.

Data from DSDplus:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Network: 46FEA.055

Bandplan #0: Base=851.0125 Offset=-45 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5
Bandplan #8: Base=851.0125 Offset=-45 Spacing=12.5 BW=12.5 Slots=2

Site: 53.53 NAC=03D

Channel 0-272: 854.4125 CC
Channel 0-408: 856.1125 SCC
Channel 0-446: 856.5875 SCC
Channel 0-480: 857.0125 SCC
Yeah I’ve got nothing that makes any sense, closest use of those are in the valley, but not all for the same sites or agencies. You already checked applications so it isn’t that. System ID 055 is a new one to add to 46FEA, 051 and 053 are already there along with 169.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Sorry folks, we are staying in City by the Sea and cannot receive the Rockport GATTRS tower, and my mousepad on my laptop is not working so can’t even run Unitrunker. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Sorry folks, we are staying in City by the Sea and cannot receive the Rockport GATTRS tower, and my mousepad on my laptop is not working so can’t even run Unitrunker. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I'm in Corpus Christi also and I haven't had any luck whatsoever trying to hear what's going on out there in Rockport.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If I remember correctly the TX antenna is on the north side of the tower and only 6 dB gain, but I’d still expect you to be able to receive it there.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
We are are also trying to figure out why Port Aransas ( Nueces County) isn't showing being linked (by running Pro96Com) to CBRIN...I know what's in the database is good because I've been able to monitor them on my 436 on a past trip out that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-10 085003.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-10 085003.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 6

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly the TX antenna is on the north side of the tower and only 6 dB gain, but I’d still expect you to be able to receive it there.
I agree, by google maps I was only 8 miles from the tower. Could not get a signal in or out of the house. Did listen to a grass fire being fought in the area on the Coastal bend system so I know the scanner was working.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
My findings (from Port A):

Rockport EDACS site is still on the air on the old system. Cannot lock onto it currently but I'll try more later. 858.4625 has been the CC. I thought it was the only one still on but I see multiple sites are still going after further investigation.

GATRRS Rockport site had absolutely no traffic in 24 hours, and only an affiliation to Texarkana Fire Dispatch, no TxDOT activity over the weekend apparently. No surprise there either.

155.250 and 155.0625 had sparse traffic from my recordings, and 154.250 and 155.400 were busy in analog for Fire and EMS. I will get a better signal from the ACSO channels when I get a chance.

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Got EDACS programmed back in and got Unitrunker working, so for at least Rockport PD and Aransas Co SO, TGs 1745 and 1752 are still alive and well in analog mode on the old system. Can't tell if simulcast with VHF at this point but they are definitely on EDACS and the site 7 is in failsoft (local) mode.

robert15987

Feed Provider
22074 Rockport pd doing radio test about 2 week ago , I have the audio of it identifying it, also say ch33, someone saying unit don’t have ch 33 yet