Round Rock PD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5TWX

Any of you out there that listen to Round Rock PD, have you noticed that they have been silent the last 2 days? FD still comes in just fine, but PD isn't. I've had my radios running and both are silent.
I'm not sure what's going on here and would like to get someone who has a Unitrunker or some way of checking this out, to help fill this void.

Please...

Last edited:

W5TWX

Any help out there?

I know there is bound to be someone that can help track them down.
Some of you guys on the other RR posting a short while back, said that you listen to RRPD. Have you heard anything?

Unitrunker
Garyva
Kd5wek
Beaky

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Would not suprise me if they went encrypted..everything else in Williamson County seems to be

W5TWX

I've been using the search feature and I also hear a lot of encryption. I know a lot of that is Williamson County SO, Georgetown, Leander, and Cedar Park. I'm not hearing any encrtption on RRPD's talk groups. They just went totally silent. I was hoping I could get someone with Unitrunker to see what they could come up with. I don't know anything about Unitrunker to know what it will tell you.

SCPD

QRT
I see 4767 RRPD Tac 5 and 4768 RRPD Tac 6 both encrypted.

No other RR traffic on the Wilco site.

W5TWX

Got all those in the RR database. Those two Tacs have been that way for a long time. EMS hasn't changed.

PD has been on 4758 for north and 4759 for south. Both unencrypted.

SCPD

QRT
I'm in Travis county now but earlier this evening, site 1-20 (Wilco) was solid P4 (protected calls at normal priority 4). In contrast, site 1-01 is nearly all 4's (clear, unencrypted).

Either Round Rock is unusually quiet, they've moved dispatch to CAD or they've switched to new encrypted dispatch talk groups.

I could hear APD respond to an armed robbery at a Valero on South Congress (11pm) but hear zip in Williamson County.

Let's see how they sound on Monday.

W5TWX

Round Rock is unusually quiet. Haven't heard anything out of them for 4- days. Fire still working as well as EMS and DPS.

I'm a little confused about what you stated. >>"(Wilco) was solid P4 (protected calls at normal priority 4)."

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Here are some clear, unidentified group IDs on the Wilco site.

Like Tac 5&6, RRPD Tac 2 is also encrypted.

W5TWX

Thanks guy. I'm gonna keep searching to try and figure out what's going on.

Garyva could probably tell us what's happened. He has some connections since he used to be with WILCO.

W5TWX

If they did go to encryption and change talkgroups, will the Unitrunker program show that it did in fact change to that?
Man, I'm lost. Been monitoring RRPD for 35 years and now nothing. This just isn't right.......

Any other suggestions folks?

W5TWX

If they do go to encryption, would it be normal for them to change talkgroups?

I'm really showing how far I'm behind in technoogy these days.

SCPD

QRT
I think Tac 5 and 6 are the new dispatch channels. They were already programmed into the radios as encrypted.

On a related note, one of the unknown talkgroups I listed earlier is the Animal Control Officer for Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.