RR Database upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedbartlett

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this should be in the software support section or here…

I am considering upgrading my membership in order to have access through Win96 via web-upload to program my Pro-96.

Now to the question(s), I live in Toronto and would like freqs from surrounding areas as well including alpha tags. Is the file from RR separated in banks or will I have to arrange it, also will the upload include the digital freqs as well?
I know the local OPP are digital but 80% of the rest are on mot type2

I mostly listen to public safety channels; therefore that’s where the most interest lies.

Thanks,
Steve.

caffman263

Not sure if this should be in the software support section or here…

I am considering upgrading my membership in order to have access through Win96 via web-upload to program my Pro-96.

Now to the question(s), I live in Toronto and would like freqs from surrounding areas as well including alpha tags. Is the file from RR separated in banks or will I have to arrange it, also will the upload include the digital freqs as well?
I know the local OPP are digital but 80% of the rest are on mot type2

I mostly listen to public safety channels; therefore that’s where the most interest lies.

Thanks,
Steve.

Hi Steve,
You won't regret it, it makes life so much easier :)

Here's a few pictures of how the web import works in Win 96

in the first, you see a screen where I've chosen Toronto county, and below that is the frequencies in the RR DB for the county. You can pick and choose what you want.

In the second, you can specify what bank you want the frequencies imported into, as well as what channel number to start them at. Also you can name the bank.

Number 3 shows the finished product, which you can re-arrange to your liking. Of course should you decide later that you want the banks in a different order, you can easily re-order them through the bank editor in Win 96.

Edit: There's a similar option for trunking systems that allows you to choose sites and control channels, as well as talkgroups. And yes, it will do digital as well as analog

Attachments

• import1.jpg
    import1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 51
  • import2.jpg
    import2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 45
  • import3.jpg
    import3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Status