RS 20-176 Antenna Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

McP

I'm probably overlooking something simple, unless there was something missing from the package. I picked up the RS 20-176 Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com
However, I found after putting it together, the top portion lifts right off.

I have my coax with a PL-259 connector (LMR-400 coax) and when I connect it to the bottom base of the antenna, the connector does not reach up to the top portion and I have no connection. Am I missing a piece or a simple step?

This link shows a picture of the area I am referring to.
IMG_2346 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

al95

I'm probably overlooking something simple, unless there was something missing from the package. I picked up the RS 20-176 Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com

I have my coax with a PL-259 connector (LMR-400 coax) and when I connect it to the bottom base of the antenna, the connector does not reach up to the top portion and I have no connection. Am I missing a piece or a simple step?

Return the antenna to rs it is broken. I own one and never had any problems with it. It should never come apart that way.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

had the same antenna back in NYC it's broke bring it back

Dewey

When I replaced my 20-176 with a Diamond, I purposely took my 20-176 apart, and that's the way it came apart. The piece you are holding in your hand screws into the top of the center conductor of the 259 connector and sandwiches the base holding the radials in the middle. If you can't screw that piece back on while hold the 259 connector with your other hand, it is definately broke...

Dewey

McP

Thanks, it was definitely broken. I was lucky and found one more antenna at another local radio shack. I could easily see at the bottom, the connection point for the coax. The long stem that comes down flush with the threaded bottom was completely missing in the one I originally bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.