Rs 20-176

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharoknivesloudguns

Premium Subscriber
Recently purchased this. Antenna at RS to replace my rubber Dickie. The only mount option I have is above a window inside. Will this help my reception at all? I know outside would be better but that's out of the question. I have read reviews from people who mounted it in their attic, and have had great results. Any suggestions would be helpful....... signal amps anything of that sort. I don't have it hooked up yet because I forgot and had to order the bunch to Motorola adapter for my pro-106. Thanks

thomast77

Recently purchased this. Antenna at RS to replace my rubber Dickie. The only mount option I have is above a window inside. Will this help my reception at all? I know outside would be better but that's out of the question. I have read reviews from people who mounted it in their attic, and have had great results. Any suggestions would be helpful....... signal amps anything of that sort. I don't have it hooked up yet because I forgot and had to order the bunch to Motorola adapter for my pro-106. Thanks

Yes it will improve your reception atleast on VHF/UHF. Outdoors as high as you could get it would be best. But the attic would work better than the rubber duck. I am about to put one of these up oudoors about 20-30' myself. Use good coax as sort a length as possible.

sharoknivesloudguns

Premium Subscriber
pro-106 antenna reply

Thanks for the info. Mounting in my attic is not an option at this time. I bought 50ft of the 259 cable........ so i am gonna go and buy a shorter cable. Again Thankyou. Ohh one question ? Would a signal amp work with this and if so which one...... i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on one either

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Try it with the shorter cable before you spend any money on the amp. You will likely find that it works well enough without it.
I use the 20-176 (aka the Sputnik) as my "travel" antenna. I bent a small loop in the top element and use fishing line to hang it from whatever is available. Hotel curtain rods, ceiling fans, etc. (If nothing is available I have a screw eye that will usually solve the problem.) It way outperforms the duckie.

Status
Not open for further replies.