RS Pro 106

scannerprogrammingofLvKs

Premium Subscriber
On my RS Pro 106 in the display window there is no letter T to indicate it's searching for trunking channels, it is scanning but has no traffic, what happened to the letter T ?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please attach your programming file and I will take a look at it. You will need to zip the file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

wtp

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is no program file, i program all scanners manually, have never use computer & or software to program scanners.
The Leavenworth County site on the KSICS statewide trunked system is simulcast. That may be causing your problem. Without seeing how your scanner is programmed, there is no way to determine if there are any programming errors. The system type should be P25 Auto. You should have these 2 frequencies in the frequency list:
Using just the control channel capable frequencies makes it easier for the scanner to find the control channel. The scanner doesn't need to search through all of the voice frequencies. All of the voice frequency info is carried on the control channel. Set Multi-Site to Off. I find that that setting the SuperTrack decoding algorithm to On usually helps with simulcast sites. Set Digital AGC to Off. The AGC action can increase garbled audio problems when receiving a simulcast site. You can try turning on the attenuator. That often helps with simulcast sites. I program scanners manually also, but software is so much faster and easier. There is far less of a chance of programming errors when you can see all of the settings at a glance rather than each one being buried in levels of menus. You can also enter alpha tags directly from the computer keyboard instead of having to enter a 2-digit code for each character. I strongly recommend using software. For the PRO-106, you can use ARC500 or PSREdit500. Since you are a premium subscriber, you will be able to download programming directly from the Radio Reference database using either software package. Do you have a programming cable?

Last edited:

scannerprogrammingofLvKs

Premium Subscriber
Reactions: wtp

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
If you're seeing bars of signal but cannot get a reliable decode then you may be facing simulcast distortion if you're within range of two or more towers on the seven-site Leavenworth County simulcast. As was explained to you here, here & here you'd be much better off with a Uniden SDS100 or SDS200 to track these types of systems

Reactions: wtp