RS Scanner Interface Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

takyrob

I just upgraded to Win 7 and now my interface cable doesn't work, its the kind with the clear orange block in the middel of the 2 cables, cat # 20-047, does anyone have drivers for this cable, compatable with win 7 Home? (I'm pretty cheap and do not want to buy a new one since im still using a pro-97 scanner)

Highpockets

I just upgraded to Win 7 and now my interface cable doesn't work, its the kind with the clear orange block in the middel of the 2 cables, cat # 20-047, does anyone have drivers for this cable, compatable with win 7 Home? (I'm pretty cheap and do not want to buy a new one since im still using a pro-97 scanner)

Look here:

Virtual COM Port Drivers

Look in the Comments to the right for exe version.

Last edited:

vinzep491

Also on radioshack's website. Find the cable and click on support tab under description

SCP814

Premium Subscriber
Just bought the Radio shack USB Program cable @ $35.00 for my pro20-96. Works great. Didn't want to spend the money though. (CAT# 20-546)

DickH

I used that cable on my Windows XP system. When I got a Windows 7 Home system I just plugged it in and it worked fine. Just used it yesterday. Still works great.

N1BHH

I bought a Windows 7 laptop a few months ago and I installed Win500 and the moment I plugged in the cable the machine asked me if I wanted to load the drivers. It pointed to the website and downloaded the drivers and within 2 minutes of that I was saving the 5 V-folders I have on my Pro-106 to the machine with no problem.

I'm using the same cable as you have and my advise, uninstall any drivers, then plug in your cable and let the machine find the appropriate driver. Once it's installed it will tell you, it only takes less than a minute and you'll get a notification. Just check in Device Manager under Ports to be sure your cable is connected and has assigned a com port.

I use my cable for my Pro-164, '2055. '106 and '197 and it works every time without a hitch. Also be sure to plug the cable into the computer FIRST, then the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.