RTL SRD VB Cable and DSD no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3zo

I have been trying to get SDR SHARP, VB CABLE and DSD to work. I am using a computer with Win xp.

Here is my issue. I am unable to hear the audio that sdr sharp is receiving and that dsd is decoding through my computer speakers.

DSD and DMR decode work perfectly when I use my tapped 895, I hear that audio through the computer speakers...never a problem.

my guess is thatI do not have a setting right.

SDR sharp knows VB cable is there..

any ideas...anyone?

Joe91

In SDR# select the VB-Audio Cable as the output device.
In Windows Audio Control Panel, select VB-Audio Cable as the Recording Device.
DSD will get its supply from that, and will output to WAV out for listening to the results.

See also DMRDecode Download to get the Color Codes and Group number data too (needs Java installed).

moonbounce

Maybe it is XP, it works fine on my windows7. One other thing to try, Windows7 also has a stereo mixer and I can also use it instead of the VBCable. So if you have something like a mixer try it also.

Moonbounce

Joe91

What is actually working?
SDR# (zadig_xp driver) receiving OK, and heard when directed to the main sound device?
DSD and DMRDecode getting a signal and visually working, via VBAudio cable?
But no sound output from DSD?

ve3zo

SDR# is working and can hear the weather or radio stations through the computer speakers.

DSD / DMR decode not working...no visuals no sound...the output in SDR is set to VB cable.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
SDR# is working when listening and can hear the weather or radio stations through the computer speakers.

DSD / DMR decode not working...no visuals no sound...the output in SDR is set to VB cable.

Then make sure you've set VB cable as the _default_ recording device in Control Panel --> Sound --> Recording

My default recording device in Win7 is set to Line 1 Virtual Audio Cable. My default playback device in Win7 is set to Speakers / Headphones

DSD requires [and DMRDecode in its default configuration expects] that you set your default recording and playback devices.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.