Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

Thank You. Question: If a frequency is listed in Multiple Locations how do I know it's in use for my area? Why can't it be listed in both multiple locations and the section for my location? I just want to know the reasoning behind it.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
They're generally listed where they're licensed. That doesn't mean they're being used, however. It probably means that it's available to them.

South of the border in Georgia, virtually every county has access to a pair of frequencies that have been used for probably 50 years or more. Many smaller counties used them for dispatch, to talk to neighboring counties and to talk with the State Patrol. As time progressed, counties got their own frequencies but they still had (and have) access to that pair of frequencies.

RBMTS

I believe that was adequately explained to you in your previous posting for "Duplicates". I don't think it needs to be answered again (and again, and again).

jasoyeom

I believe that was adequately explained to you in your previous posting for "Duplicates". I don't think it needs to be answered again (and again, and again).

It's never been explained why a frequency can't be listed for a specific location and listed under 'multiple locations'. 'Multiple locations' doesn't list where they are used. So they don't appear in the specific location. Unless 'Multiple locations' does list where they are being used it's a guessing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.