• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

rwl48 (Bob)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova1010

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
0
Location
ONTARIO CANADA
Ok folks just did a deal with rwl48 (Bob)...I traded Bob a Icom R-100 for his BC785d,he said he couldnt afford shipping so I covered shipping (sent him an extra $24US)I agreed to this because he promised to throw in a small pocket guitar amp,I recieved the BC785d
but no pocket amp,adaptor or box for the 785d,and he said the 785d was mint but there was glue on the bottom of the unit,now he states the Icom R-100 is a peice of crap and he didnt send the original adaptor for the BC785d because I never gave him the original adaptor for the Icom R-100....well I told Bob in a phone conversation the Icom came with no adaptor when I bought it and I had to make one,also I got a manual printed off at my cost for the Icom R-100,and also added an anttenna adaptor...and no where in my add did I say what the Icom came with....Ive tried to make this deal work everyway posible...shipped first,paid extra,added extras...Ive delt with many people on here and other sites(and I'm sure Bob has also) but I have never had a problem like this...what do you think folks.
 

maalox

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
755
Location
n y c
nova1010 said:
Ok folks just did a deal with rwl48 (Bob)...I traded Bob a Icom R-100 for his BC785d,he said he couldnt afford shipping so I covered shipping (sent him an extra $24US)I agreed to this because he promised to throw in a small pocket guitar amp,I recieved the BC785d
but no pocket amp,adaptor or box for the 785d,and he said the 785d was mint but there was glue on the bottom of the unit,now he states the Icom R-100 is a peice of crap and he didnt send the original adaptor for the BC785d because I never gave him the original adaptor for the Icom R-100....well I told Bob in a phone conversation the Icom came with no adaptor when I bought it and I had to make one,also I got a manual printed off at my cost for the Icom R-100,and also added an anttenna adaptor...and no where in my add did I say what the Icom came with....Ive tried to make this deal work everyway posible...shipped first,paid extra,added extras...Ive delt with many people on here and other sites(and I'm sure Bob has also) but I have never had a problem like this...what do you think folks.
i have traded with nova many times never had a problem at all.
 

Radio1114

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
0
I have traded with rwl48 (Bob) many times never had a problem with any of our deals.Nova1010 I have not dealt with yet so I can not say anything about him.But there are always tow sides to a story.I think before flaming people on the boards people should work out the deals in Private ,PM, emails or phones if need be.
 

maalox

Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
755
Location
n y c
Wilf11 said:
I have traded with rwl48 (Bob) many times never had a problem with any of our deals.Nova1010 I have not dealt with yet so I can not say anything about him.But there are always tow sides to a story.I think before flaming people on the boards people should work out the deals in Private ,PM, emails or phones if need be.
bob has been on strong signals a long time i never heard of any bad deals about him..
 

nova1010

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
0
Location
ONTARIO CANADA
bob

Wilf11 said:
I have traded with rwl48 (Bob) many times never had a problem with any of our deals.Nova1010 I have not dealt with yet so I can not say anything about him.But there are always tow sides to a story.I think before flaming people on the boards people should work out the deals in Private ,PM, emails or phones if need be.
Ive tried to resolve this in PMs,emails and also offered to call.....but refuses to send adaptor and I havent received the guitar pocket amp(wich I paid for btw) or any indication it has been sent.
 

nova1010

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
0
Location
ONTARIO CANADA
bob

Wilf11 said:
I think before flaming people on the boards people should work out the deals in Private ,PM, emails or phones if need be.
Wilf I'm not trying to flame anyone,just stating the facts....I've talked to Bob many times on the phone...nice guy,just can't understand why he refuses to ship the adaptor for the 785d.
 

Radio1114

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
0
I guess just try to get a hold of him and try to work it out.I am sure if he feels you are owed a adapter, he will send one.Things like this do happen and many people happen to forget antennas,etc.But I am sure Bob will do the right thing.
 

nova1010

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
0
Location
ONTARIO CANADA
Wilf11 said:
I guess just try to get a hold of him and try to work it out.I am sure if he feels you are owed a adapter, he will send one.Things like this do happen and many people happen to forget antennas,etc.But I am sure Bob will do the right thing.
1st of all I've tried to work it out,2nd of all I am owed an adaptor,he said it came with one,and 3rd of all he didnt forget the adaptor,just was'nt shipped intentionally, he has admitted to this,in a email."So if you want to send me the right power supply I will send you the right one."thats what he said ok.....like I said before in a phone conversation with Bob,the Icom R-100 does not come with original power suply,so I made one.and he knew this.
 

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
902
Location
Ontario, Canada
I have dealt with Nova1010 on many occasions and he is very straight forward and honest..

Their is always two sides to the story and at times we are forced to go public due to the fact that the other party doesn't want to deal with the problem as they knew about it before their deal took place to begin with...

Wilf are you a Moderator on this board now? Because you are posting / sounding like one.. IMHO
 

Radio1114

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
0
No Brian not a moderator on this forum.Just that people seem to ask me questions so I answer them.Just like you just asked me that lol

Chrome69 said:
I have dealt with Nova1010 on many occasions and he is very straight forward and honest..

Their is always two sides to the story and at times we are forced to go public due to the fact that the other party doesn't want to deal with the problem as they knew about it before their deal took place to begin with...

Wilf are you a Moderator on this board now? Because you are posting / sounding like one.. IMHO
 

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
902
Location
Ontario, Canada
Wilf11 said:
No Brian not a moderator on this forum.Just that people seem to ask me questions so I answer them.Just like you just asked me that lol
Where here besides me did anyone ask you a question Wilf? maybe i missed it? I don't recall seeing your name posted on their...
 

KT4HX

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
610
Location
Spotsylvania County, Va
nova1010 said:
Ive tried to resolve this in PMs,emails and also offered to call.....but refuses to send adaptor and I havent received the guitar pocket amp(wich I paid for btw) or any indication it has been sent.
Personally I don't get his insistence on having the original power adapter. If the one you sent works perfectly fine, AND you stated that right up front, then whats his beef? I've had radios that didn't have the original p/s and always made do just fine. In fact I just bought a 780XLT from ScanDaBands knowing full well it didn't even have a wallwart with it. Jeez, I've got so many different adapters lying around, and in fact I do have a spare Uniden adapter, so I wasn't worried at all about it.

If you paid for the adapter, then he should send it, as well as the guitar amp. Period.:roll:
 

Radio1114

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
0
Brian I am not getting into an arguement with you over this.You just seem to like to start flame wars etc.And I do notice you like to follow me around and make your smart comments to waht I post.Keep your mind out on my business.I do not bother you.I have said all I am going to say on this matter.

Chrome69 said:
Where here besides me did anyone ask you a question Wilf? maybe i missed it? I don't recall seeing your name posted on their...
 

SCPD

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
Wilf11 said:
I have traded with rwl48 (Bob) many times never had a problem with any of our deals.Nova1010 I have not dealt with yet so I can not say anything about him.But there are always tow sides to a story.I think before flaming people on the boards people should work out the deals in Private ,PM, emails or phones if need be.
I don't think he's flaming anyone here, just stating what he knows as being the facts. I think that is what this forum was started for, to provide feedback, good or bad, concerning the deals that have been transacted here on RR. I guess some think all deals go just as planned and everyone should be stroking everyone else in here regardless.

When the deals go bad we should just not say anything?

There’s always 2 sides to a story. I would really like to hear rwl48(Bob)'s side to this transaction.

Remember, in Nova1010’s original post he asked for opinions. Well you got it!
 

nova1010

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
0
Location
ONTARIO CANADA
adaptor

KT4HX said:
Personally I don't get his insistence on having the original power adapter. If the one you sent works perfectly fine, AND you stated that right up front, then whats his beef? I've had radios that didn't have the original p/s and always made do just fine. In fact I just bought a 780XLT from ScanDaBands knowing full well it didn't even have a wallwart with it. Jeez, I've got so many different adapters lying around, and in fact I do have a spare Uniden adapter, so I wasn't worried at all about it.

If you paid for the adapter, then he should send it, as well as the guitar amp. Period.:roll:
Like I said before the adaptor I sent was made and I told Bob this before we made the deal,the adaptor worked fine,had no problems with it,and it was send back with the 785d instead of the original one.heres a picture of my add with the Icom R-100 using the same adaptor I made.
 
Last edited:

Chrome69

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
902
Location
Ontario, Canada
Wilf11 said:
Brian I am not getting into an arguement with you over this.You just seem to like to start flame wars etc.And I do notice you like to follow me around and make your smart comments to waht I post.Keep your mind out on my business.I do not bother you.I have said all I am going to say on this matter.
I am not starting a flame war... I asked you a simple question Wilf? Then i stated my opinion. Plus this isn't your business, this is my friends business.

Honestly Wilf i am sick of you putting your 2 cents in where it doesn't belong. You did the same thing to me when i had my problem with a deal and you didn't know the whole story.

I speak my mind, its too bad people don't like to hear what i have to say! (maybe i should have a talk radio show? lol)

I also believe you were warned before about attempting to Moderate this site....
 

Radio1114

Member
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
0
I believe also you were warned many times about starting crap on the boards also.You sure like to stir it up.Case Closed as far as I am concerned.
 

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
12,911
Location
Katy, TX
Wilf11 said:
I believe also you were warned many times about starting crap on the boards also.You sure like to stir it up.Case Closed as far as I am concerned.
And me too. So the thread is closed.

To the OP, you and your trade partner have a problem, but this is not the forum to hash it out, take to email or PM, but stop the public back and forth.

Wilf, your initial comment was fine, but why did you have to stray off topic? I really don't want an answer, just for you to consider your own actions, I am sure you would not put up with it on SS.

Chrome, I must admit, you do seem to be stalking. Suppose you just stop that and quit looking for things to pick apart.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top