S.A.M.E. codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I am not sure but I am looking for how to program the code for Washburn Co, WI's SAME code into my Radio Shack Pro-106, anybody even know what it is?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
the same code for the county that you are looking for should alert you to the hazards that they have for the county.

sfd119

It'll alert you to Tornado Warn/ Watch, Severe Tstorm Warn/Watch, etc.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Realize that you can't use the scanner as a scanner when listening for SAME codes.

cifn2

Feed Provider
Most scanners seem to be that way, you either have to be monitoring NOAA waiting for those tones, to open the receiver, or using the scanner, you cannot use both at once. Also NOAA Weather radios are activated for AMBER Alerts in your area also, which wasn't mentioned earlier.

KB1UAM

Realize that you can't use the scanner as a scanner when listening for SAME codes.
sure you can you just have to program your local weather station 162.550 or whatever it is, into a priority channel the only downside is that you can't listen to the same codes to alert you to a certain county.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
the only downside is that you can't listen to the same codes to alert you to a certain county.

Since my note was that you can't listen for SAME codes and scan at the same time, I think my comment was correct to begin with and your rebuttal is not...

cifn2

Feed Provider
i need the same code for ocean county nj

Todd, try these depending on where you live and what you are monitoring... Looks like 3 NWS sites cover that county, so try and find the one with the best signal, and use it.

034029 Atlantic City 162.400 KHB38 1000 CENTRAL/S
034029 New York City, NY 162.550 KWO35 750 N
034029 Southard 162.450 WXM60 300

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No, SAME codes can only be decoded by a scanner with SAME ability, or a weather radio.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
if you setup your radios and pagers for 2 tone decode and set the tone to 1050hz you CAN be alerted BUT you won't know what or who it's for without listening to the voice.

wizardb

On the PSR-700 you can go to the weather mode and put it on standby. Then you can listen to the scanner and if a SAME code is issued the warning tone will interrupt the scanning and the type of warning shows on the display. To listen to the warning you just press the select key. So on that scanner it is possible to do both.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No, you are confusing the modes. It is impossible to decode the SAME code because it comes BEFORE the tone alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.