Salisbury - Metro Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey guys,

Wanted to try this a second time. Thinking about trying to have a meet & greet for all of us that live around the Salisbury - Metro area. Salisbury, Concord, Charlotte, Mooresville, etc. This isn't to say that people outside our area can't come. EVERYONE is welcome.

We tried this one time before but just didn't drum up enough interest. Was kinda thinking about getting a group together for lunch or dinner, get a number together & reserving us a couple tables somewhere. I've sent Ron (FireCop) a message about it as well.

Think about it guys & if there is enough interest we'll try to plan something.

(Marshall do you think we can get this stickied for a little bit to see if it drums up interest?)

Thanks guys !!!!!

trumpetman

Database Admin
If the date works on my end you can definitely count me in for coming. I hope things come together for ya Daniel.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
I replied to your PM, Daniel.

I am game to trying to make this meeting. Several things prevented me from attending the January meet. Dinner would work better for me in trying to move schedules. If lunch prevails, I will try to rearrange and attend anyway.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
(Marshall do you think we can get this stickied for a little bit to see if it drums up interest?)

Done brother. Anything to try to help get Radio Clubs started in other parts of the state! :) And if the schedule allows yours truly might make an appearance. :cool:
I have driven further distances.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KM4WLV

Looks like we're getting some good interest drummed up..... What do you guys think about grabbing dinner on Friday night? Bout the only time I can do anything this weekend. My wife & I's anniversary this weekend. We'll be going out of town Saturday - Sunday.

Let me know what ya'll think, and lets figure out where we want to eat at. I can go wherever so I'll leave it to you guys to decide.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
One thing to consider is a restaurant with a possible meeting area. We would probably have to reserve it ahead of time. Daniel, maybe you could give us a list of restaurants that fit that bill to help us decide. I am putting my neck out on a limb (with the wife!) and saying this Friday, 3/19, is good for me.

KM4WLV

In Salisbury we have the following :

Applebees
Outback
O Charleys
Long Horn
Olive Garden
Lone Star
IHOP
Blue Bay (Seafood)

Those are the bigger names in town. There are of course the smaller BBQ & Burger places. Lets get a consesus of what everyone wants...... Suggestions everybody !!!

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
The big chain restaurants are nice but I wonder if we would be able to meet, eat, and greet without having to hear over the rest of the crowd. What are some of the more local establishments (good food, good price, good meet area)?

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Hold on Guy's

Remember there is the big McDowell Fire/Rescue College this weekend.

I will be out of town.So will a lot of other interested people as well.

Could we maybe do this meet and eat meeting next weekend.

Let me know,

David

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen anyone else chime up in a day or so. Maybe we ought to push things back and try again in a few weeks. Any suggestions of dates & times?

KM4WLV

I forgot about the fire college this weekend, and I was just informed of plans for our anniversary weekend (this weekend). One year on Sunday. Don't want to mess this up :D

Would everyone agree to look at it again in a week or so?

And there are several good BBQ places & such around here if that sounds appealing.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Trying to post this again as I got distracted earlier tonight.

Since things have fallen through for this weekend, I could work the meeting in next Friday evening, 3/26. It would be tough for me to do the following Friday, 4/2 due to a work obligation.

Let's hear it from some more folks for their ideas.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well I'll be outta town next weekend which would be depressing to miss the meeting, but there will be others if y'all do decide on next Friday night.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Friday is good for me

Name a time and place

I don't have any other out of town schools till the last weekend in April

David

Status
Not open for further replies.