Salisbury VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone shed some light on the communication situation over at the VA Hospital in Salisbury? I know I've heard them on their VIPER TGs in the past, but I was doing some listening on the wide-area Carolina Connect TRBO system and am picking up two new TGs which seem to be used by the VA. TG 3211 appears to be security. Dispatch is referred to as "VA." Traffic consists of security-style stuff (building checks, running a plate, foot patrols etc). The Rowan County Sheriff was mentioned but I also heard someone say they were "stopping by Statesville." TG 3209 might be some sort of food services as I've heard traffic along the lines of "I've got a try for the ED." I will do some additional monitoring on those TGs.

Looking in the DB, I also see a VHF TRBO system for the VA: Salisbury VA Medical Center Trunking System, Salisbury, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies (radioreference.com). In addition, I see a TG for the VA listed on the Rowan P25 system.

With all these systems in play, does any one know who is using what? Thanks!

trumpetman

Database Admin
The stand alone VA radio system in the VHF fed band is no longer on the air. I don't know if the stand alone repeater in the federal VHF band is still online or not. There is a low power VHF site at the hospital that is part of the Carolina Connect system. The VA radios also can occasionally be heard on the wide coverage sites when they roam off away from the hospital. There are about a dozen talkgroups for facilities, security, housekeeping, and other miscellaneous uses. VA police have TRBO radios and also P25 radios with access to the Salisbury 800 system and VIPER.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
The stand alone VA radio system in the VHF fed band is no longer on the air. I don't know if the stand alone repeater in the federal VHF band is still online or not. There is a low power VHF site at the hospital that is part of the Carolina Connect system. The VA radios also can occasionally be heard on the wide coverage sites when they roam off away from the hospital. There are about a dozen talkgroups for facilities, security, housekeeping, and other miscellaneous uses. VA police have TRBO radios and also P25 radios with access to the Salisbury 800 system and VIPER.
Thank you for the nice explanation! I guess I can officially pin down TG 3211 as Salisbury VA security. I am not close enough to hear the site at the hospital so I won't be able to hear the other TGs if they don't roam to one of the wide-area sites. None of the Carolina Connect VA TGs are in the database. I can submit the ones I have found if you would like, or you can add them yourself since it sounds like you are more familiar with the system than myself :)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.