San Antonio Texas River Walk Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Apologies if I sound like an ignorant fool... but we are traveling to the San Antonio Riverwalk area in May and are not only looking for don't miss attractions, but what scanner files should I download ahead to monitor fire and ems. And anything else interesting for the tourist areas. We will be there for a week May 22-29. Have SDS100 and BCD436HP

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Apologies if I sound like an ignorant fool... but we are traveling to the San Antonio Riverwalk area in May and are not only looking for don't miss attractions, but what scanner files should I download ahead to monitor fire and ems. And anything else interesting for the tourist areas. We will be there for a week May 22-29. Have SDS100 and BCD436HP
Hopefully you have the ProVoice upgrade. SAFD/PD and Bexar SO and Fire operations are all on the EDACS system in ProVoice mode. If you search the Bexar County page, many downtown hotels and activities use DMR and NXDN systems as well. The database is pretty well kept here, being that the owner of the site is local and has a small army of dedicated business band hunters tracking down every hotel, trash truck, tire repair, concrete truck and school bus in the metro area. Therefore, if you just simply update the full database for both scanners before you go, and of course have ProVoice upgrade at the very least, if not DMR as a second option as well, you will be able to hear most everything. As an added bonus, SAPD is still 98% unencrypted for the time being, so there is a lot of fun stuff to listen to.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Also of note... The San Antonio Urban Area Initiative Overlay (SAUA) system is starting to get heavier use and you can find most of the same talk-groups actively mirrored on this phase one P25 system if you do not have the provoice vocoder or do not feel like springing for it on just this one trip. The Central talkgroup is the active PD channel for the downtown area and is almost always active on the overlay system.. as is most of Bexar County Fire and a good portion of SAFD. Most of the Air med out here is starting to switch to DMR. but a fair bit of it is still P25 and usually coordianted on VMED 29 155.3475 156.7

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Also of note... The San Antonio Urban Area Initiative Overlay (SAUA) system is starting to get heavier use and you can find most of the same talk-groups actively mirrored on this phase one P25 system if you do not have the provoice vocoder or do not feel like springing for it on just this one trip. The Central talkgroup is the active PD channel for the downtown area and is almost always active on the overlay system.. as is most of Bexar County Fire and a good portion of SAFD. Most of the Air med out here is starting to switch to DMR. but a fair bit of it is still P25 and usually coordianted on VMED 29 155.3475 156.7
Thank you ! I will program those in. And I do have ProVoice, so I will add that in. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.