San Bernardino County Barstow and Needles Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
Does anyone monitor San Bernardino County Systems 2 or 5? I was conducting a little investigation into all of the county's trunked 800 MHz licenses and discovered some discrepancies between the license data and the RR database.

The database shows a frequency of 859.475 for System 2, but that frequency isn't licensed. It also shows 868.9375 as a frequency for System 5, also not licensed.

Can anyone confirm if they ever hear traffic on these frequencies? If not, I think the database is in error.

djgrooven

Does anyone monitor San Bernardino County Systems 2 or 5? I was conducting a little investigation into all of the county's trunked 800 MHz licenses and discovered some discrepancies between the license data and the RR database.

The database shows a frequency of 859.475 for System 2, but that frequency isn't licensed. It also shows 868.9375 as a frequency for System 5, also not licensed.

Can anyone confirm if they ever hear traffic on these frequencies? If not, I think the database is in error.

I monitor SBCO 2 all the time and I do know that there is traffic on 859.475 mhz. That is one of the rotating chanels.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
I monitor SBCO 2 all the time and I do know that there is traffic on 859.475 mhz. That is one of the rotating chanels.
What do you mean by rotating channels? It isn't showing as a rotating control channel in the database.

859.475 is one of the conventional channels they use for coverage in Trona and Baker. Are you 100% sure that the traffic you have heard on it is from the System 2 trunked system, coming from Flash II in Barstow, and not this conventional channel?

djgrooven

What do you mean by rotating channels? It isn't showing as a rotating control channel in the database.

859.475 is one of the conventional channels they use for coverage in Trona and Baker. Are you 100% sure that the traffic you have heard on it is from the System 2 trunked system, coming from Flash II in Barstow, and not this conventional channel?

Yes I am sure. I have that r/f programmed on my tk-480 for flash II. There are 4 control channels and 4 rotating voice channels for flash II.

djgrooven

Yes I am sure. I have that r/f programmed on my tk-480 for flash II. There are 4 control channels and 4 rotating voice channels for flash II.

Upon further listening The R/F that you are inquiring about does not have any conversations. Just A bunch of noise. I thought It was a different R/F origanlly.

Status
Not open for further replies.