San Bernardino County P25 and rebanded systems

pcorrin

Premium Subscriber
sooo.... are private calls encrypted?

Public works and specific non LE accessible radios on the SB county system do not have encryption in them, Fire has it in the radios for cities pd, the few encrypted talkgroups they have, and mutual aid talkgroups. The system is capable of having the private call encrypted if turned on and configured that way, provided both radios have encryption options and matching keys and setup properly themselves. They all currently seem to have the call feature which would allow the "private call" conversation, whether public works or other.
I know this doesn't answer your question in this specific case but the few who truly know probably wont answer that.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Control channels can rotate to any site frequency without notice. It's best to program all freqs for each site, and doing so adds less than 5% to average site scan time.

When scanning a site, each unused freq scanned adds 1/80s to the site scan time, followed by 1-2s dwell on the active control channel before the scanner moves on. If the active control channel is the first frequency programmed, the rest of the frequencies are skipped for that scan of the site.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yup have all of the control channels. Worked in the late afternoon yesterday and by the evening everything went silent.

Very Very Strange. Had no problems for the past six months. Wonder if their footprint of the signal has been changed?

allend

Premium Subscriber
Really Strange. The Control Channels were right. Wonder if something was going on with the weather patterns or the system and the power being put out but now its working again. Very Strange. O well at least its working again.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Not sure if this is what happened above but they have lost a site before (temporarily). Interestingly, the radios affiliated with the next best site during the outage and no one complained. I'm not saying this is possible "everywhere" but it definitely has happened.

breed909

Premium Subscriber
So i am not able to hear any of the calls being dispatched for SB city fire on P25 system . I can hear them talking when they arrive on scene. Also today i heard one company say there ipads were down. I had to call the paramedics for a issue and when they arrived at my home they had there radios but as they were leaving they all got an alert on what looked like one of those pagers they use for reserves. I have been hearing a lot of talk on BCD V15 threw BCD V20 its always different but when they do talk i can hear the Dispatch and the engine company talking back and forth. I am not sure if anyone has heard anything about this any help would be great thanks in advanced

f40ph

Feed Provider
So i am not able to hear any of the calls being dispatched for SB city fire on P25 system . I can hear them talking when they arrive on scene. Also today i heard one company say there ipads were down. I had to call the paramedics for a issue and when they arrived at my home they had there radios but as they were leaving they all got an alert on what looked like one of those pagers they use for reserves. I have been hearing a lot of talk on BCD V15 threw BCD V20 its always different but when they do talk i can hear the Dispatch and the engine company talking back and forth. I am not sure if anyone has heard anything about this any help would be great thanks in advanced
Are you listening to the VHF side only?
Or do you have the full P25 700/800mhz trunking system programmed into your scanner?

breed909

Premium Subscriber
Are you listening to the VHF side only?
Or do you have the full P25 700/800mhz trunking system programmed into your scanner?
So I am listening to both, one bank is the p25 system and on the other bank it's a mix of Vfire and a/g channels I can hear them talking on the p25 but I do not hear them dispatching only thing I hear is when they arrive on scene.

f40ph

Feed Provider
They dispatch on the talkgroups 2-DISP-1 and 3-DISP-2 then all traffic after that occurs on the "CMD" command talkgroups. Sounds like you're listening to the CMD talkgroups but not the "DISP".

allend

Premium Subscriber
I tend to think that "The Mountain Simulcast" system carries the most FIRE traffic except for 3-CMD 9 and 3-TAC 9.

If you are living within the SBDCO area and you have access to that system I would make sure its programmed.

breed909

Premium Subscriber
They dispatch on the talkgroups 2-DISP-1 and 3-DISP-2 then all traffic after that occurs on the "CMD" command talkgroups. Sounds like you're listening to the CMD talkgroups but not the "DISP".
Ok so then it's me so I need to go back and reprogram it thank you so much have a great night
I tend to think that "The Mountain Simulcast" system carries the most FIRE traffic except for 3-CMD 9 and 3-TAC 9.

If you are living within the SBDCO area and you have access to that system I would make sure its programmed.
Well what I did was I broke it down by citys and then I have them in there own banks butt for some reason I am not hearing the dispatch anymore so not sure if a frequency change or what butt I will just redo it all tomorrow not looking forward to it lol thank you all for the quick reply

avdrummerboy

After obtaining control channel frequencies from a radio, I found 19 frequencies that aren't listed in the database. All others in the database are in the radio. I'll list them here, just curious if anyone running trunker or otherwise listening to CC's in the area have heard any CC noise of these frequencies? Possibly new unknown sites or future sites, but I'm can't say for sure. They are all in-between existing channel frequencies but 19 seems a lot to somehow miss.

f40ph

Feed Provider

You will still hear 3Cmd9 because they normally patch this TG to the 2Cmd5 TG. Now you're only missing 3Tac9.

MJones1160

I just purchased a new Uniden SDS-200. I downloaded the San Bernardino County P-25 system installed with Sentinel and unable to hear any activity from Rancho Cucamonga. Please advise.79504