Sangean PR-D15

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA8ZTZ

Picked one of these up recently primarily to carry around the QTH to listen to FM.
Does a fine job on the FM with nice audio for a portable.
Recently have tried using it for AM band DXing. Its performance is impressive. It compares favorably to
the CCrane 2E, although the 2E has a slight edge when really weak signal reception is required.
Was tuning around this evening and came across a signal on 970 that seemed new to me. It was fading in and out but
was quite readable when it was in. The ID was "Rock FMs" which is WWRK in Florence SC. Pretty impressive
performance from a portable in the basement shack on a 31 watt signal.

Boombox

Nice to hear you are having good reception with your PR-D15. It's a PR-D5 with tonal enhancements, and I think the FM is supposed to be a bit better. They're good radios. I have a PR-D5 and use it nightly.

WA8ZTZ

Nice to hear you are having good reception with your PR-D15. It's a PR-D5 with tonal enhancements, and I think the FM is supposed to be a bit better. They're good radios. I have a PR-D5 and use it nightly.

IIRC, both are supposed to have a 200mm ferrite antenna. The PR-D15 can tune AM in 1 kc clicks.
There is tone control on the PR-D15 but you have to go into the menu to adjust bass and treble.
Tnx for the reply... good DX. :)

WA8ZTZ

Need to make a slight correction... no need to go into the menu to adjust tone.
It can be accomplished by pushing the volume control (once for treble, twice for bass) and
then rotating the volume control for desired tone setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.