Sat Dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey
I get an very good offer for an 35cm Dish for just € 34,95.
Can i use it for Satcom?
Thanks

prcguy

Are you looking to receive military UHF satcom or something else? A 35cm dish is not big enough to act as a parabolic reflector at UHF where you put a feed at the focal point but will work as a simple ground plane reflector for a crossed dipole at UHF.

Usually the smaller dishes come with some kind of Ku band satellite feed/LNB and that would only be good for receiving specific free to air TV and related audio broadcasts.
prcguy

Your_account

Banned
So what Size does i need for Satcom?
The huge Problem is dont know how i can keep it in Place. On the roof its very bad to move and i life on a side of an hill and now way way to see behind.

prcguy

For UHF satcom reception the most common antenna is probably surplus military antennas, which can get quite expensive and come in cross dipole over reflector versions and dual log periodic types. There is a home brew project here that works very well and about half way down the first page of this link are two pdf files for building it. http://forums.radioreference.com/sa...8-mt-magazine-uhf-satcom-antenna-project.html
prcguy

So what Size does i need for Satcom?
The huge Problem is dont know how i can keep it in Place. On the roof its very bad to move and i life on a side of an hill and now way way to see behind.

Your_account

Banned
nice is your Antenna foldable ?
Do you try the Italian Satellite?
If it work good i would try my own Antenna and i looking for someone who want talk to me.

mancow

Database Admin
If they talk to you on a military satellite they are breaking some very large laws.

Your_account

Banned
i dont know anythink about that.
I point my antenna to the sky and i push the button on my hamradio device...

reconrider8

with the whole brazil thing being mentioned i did read an article a whiled back that said some of that action may not be actual pirates rather the public safety since their outputs are the imputs for the military birds and the sats pick them up as imputs from the military then it broadcasts the outputs of their repeaters or something like that

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
with the whole brazil thing being mentioned i did read an article a whiled back that said some of that action may not be actual pirates rather the public safety since their outputs are the imputs for the military birds and the sats pick them up as imputs from the military then it broadcasts the outputs of their repeaters or something like that

I saw an article a few years or so ago about pirates being arrested. It showed pictures of them and their equipment. First Google result. The Great Brazilian Sat-Hack Crackdown

red-dog

My antenna is not foldable, follows the size of the D & M. . . in addition we cannot transmit on military satellites . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.