SC180 Programmable with data cable & Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjubb

I have a buddies SC180 scanner that he wants me to program. I have some software on my computer (EZ-Scan) and I'm wondering if that will make a data connection to the SC180 and dump all the frequencies from it to the scanner?

That's how I update my RatShack Pro-89 for race day. My hope is the SC180 can do the same.

I haven't seen any definitive answers on a Google searches.

Thanks,
Tom

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
The SC180 cannot be programmed via computer. That feature was introduced with the SC200 sort of - you could program it via computer if you spoke Uniden Clonese (or bought the software I wrote that translated for you). It also had some over-the-air cloning feature/thing that never quite caught on. I don't think anyone could figure out how to make it actually work. LOL!

Anyway, the only way you're gonna be programming that scanner is with your decimal-based analog input devices (aka your fingers). Sorry.

-AZ

tjubb

Hehe, thanks for the reply! I was afraid of your answer. At least my personal scanner updates with a data cable. Looks like my friend will be doing it the old fashioned way.

AZScanner said:
The SC180 cannot be programmed via computer. That feature was introduced with the SC200 sort of - you could program it via computer if you spoke Uniden Clonese (or bought the software I wrote that translated for you). It also had some over-the-air cloning feature/thing that never quite caught on. I don't think anyone could figure out how to make it actually work. LOL!

Anyway, the only way you're gonna be programming that scanner is with your decimal-based analog input devices (aka your fingers). Sorry.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.