Scancat 1.8.1 accessing RR

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Scancat 1.8.1 has a direct access to RR?

I tested the Proscan and there is a login page required - but don't see anything with Scancat - but I could have easily missed it.

The Youtube videos only talk about accessing the Database through your personal scanner files you download with Uniden Sentinal

Thank you.

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Per the RadioReference.com Web Service wiki linked here, only Scancat Lite Plus supports said service. App page mentions Radio Reference Frequency Manager as a "New Feature in Version 1.8.1 "

Sorry had another issue going on with the Sentinel. Yes I am running the Scancat Lite plus 1.8.1 just received yesterday.

If I read this correctly - the SLP software will access the database you downloaded with your scanner Sentinel package. So I assume that database from Uniden is really a download from RR?

1708534382159.png

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
If I read this correctly - the SLP software will access the database you downloaded with your scanner Sentinel package. So I assume that database from Uniden is really a download from RR?

The SLP (and other 3rd party) software connects directly to the Radio Reference database servers for downloads as long as you are a Premium subscriber to RR, while the Sentinel Software downloads it's database and updates directly from Uniden servers.

Sentinel users don't need a Premium subscription to RR... Uniden has licensing agreements with RR to make the RR database info available through Sentinel for the database type scanners. Through an automated process, Uniden servers pull the RR database data up to their servers sometime on Sunday evenings and format and modify it for use with the scanners that use Sentinel. Uniden then makes the updated database available for downloads from their server through Sentinel on Monday mornings (barring occasional glitches in the process).

Last edited:

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
The SLP (and other 3rd party) software connects directly to the Radio Reference database servers for downloads as long as you are a Premium subscriber to RR, while the Sentinel Software downloads it's database and updates directly from Uniden servers.

Sentinel users don't need a Premium subscription to RR... Uniden has licensing agreements with RR to make the RR database info available through Sentinel for the database type scanners. Through an automated process, Uniden servers pull the RR database data up to their servers sometime on Sunday evenings and format and modify it for use with the scanners that use Sentinel. Uniden then makes the updated database available for downloads from their server through Sentinel on Monday mornings (barring occasional glitches in the process).
Thank you very much for the explanation.

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected / updated on post # 3.

The feature I am seeking is shown in the Video - but I can't get it to work.

It shows with an internet connection - clicking on the State the associated counties show up.

When I click on any state no counties show up.

The video shows version 1.7.1 and I am running 1.8.1 and the top bar on the screen is a little different.

Anyone have any experience with this Radio Reference Frequency Manager feature?

Last edited:

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any ideas how I can get RadioReferenceFrequencyManager working?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any ideas how I can get RadioReferenceFrequencyManager working?

Scancat Lite Plus didn't use the RR Premium Membership programming feature to retrieve data (other software requires that you log into your RR account from within that software), it used to just scan the RR database web pages and skim off the frequency data.

I suspect that the method that SLP used to collect that data without using the RR programming interface was based on the structure of the RR database system before the RR database received a major re-write and update a while ago. In other words, the SLP data retrieval method is no longer functional.

To see the explanation from SLP, when you're in the SLP Radio Reference Frequency Manager window, click on Help ---> Basic Help.

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Scancat Lite Plus didn't use the RR Premium Membership programming feature to retrieve data (other software requires that you log into your RR account from within that software), it used to just scan the RR database web pages and skim off the frequency data.

I suspect that the method that SLP used to collect that data without using the RR programming interface was based on the structure of the RR database system before the RR database received a major re-write and update a while ago. In other words, the SLP data retrieval method is no longer functional.

To see the explanation from SLP, when you're in the SLP Radio Reference Frequency Manager window, click on Help ---> Basic Help

Thank you. .. :(

Too bad I wasted my money on a software product that doesn't function as advertised. Was trying to update a package that I already owned and used on my 785XLT.

If nothing else I have the Bearcat frequency CD's - which get outdated quickly.

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Have you emailed support@scancat.com and asked for assistance?

Thanks. Yes they have not responded to my request nor have they answered the tech support phone. I understand it was basically a one man shop - but someone was able to process my credit card manually and mail out the CD so someone is tending shop.

If this feature is no longer available, then perhaps the site should be updated (If what fxdscon states is true - which does makes sense) so buyers are not misled or better yet provide a way to use your RR membership and the SLP software.

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
SCANCAT highlights free access to RadioReference

1710153707355.png

Last edited:

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you need to ask for a refund.
If someone would answer their phone or answer emails then either SCANCAT could fix the issue or tell me how to get a refund.

Their returns page doesn't even address returns.

N-L-M

Premium Subscriber
Credit card. I will call the credit card company and see what they will do.