Scanner activity to my phone

Ryan2006

Hi all,

I have been searching for possibly a software or any other way that I can connect my scanner to and when I am away from it, it will send to my phone whenever there is activity on the local fire dept dispatch channel. Would be nice to have the audio recorded and sent to me as well, but not a must have as long as I can know that the channel is active or picking up transmission. Currently run a Uniden BCD436HP.
Not very tech smart when it comes to this kind of things, so possibly something that is decently easy to setup would also be great!

Thanks

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I have been searching for possibly a software or any other way that I can connect my scanner to and when I am away from it, it will send to my phone whenever there is activity on the local fire dept dispatch channel. Would be nice to have the audio recorded and sent to me as well
"Sent to you" how? Text message? Don't believe there's a way for your scanner to directly notify you of anything via phone notifications, not 100% sure what you're looking to achieve here. I can however suggest Proscan's web server functionality which allows you to remotely control your scanner via your phone or any device with an internet connection. You can use Proscan's recorder to capture mp3s of said dispatch channel and upload them to your cloud server of choice so you can access them on the go.