Frequency problem

chad_96

Premium Subscriber
I assume that you accounted for the 128 meter tall tower and antenna when you were checking line of
Sorry, I forget to mention. Yes I did account for that on the mapping.

I need to redo everything in there though and double check my work. For some reason thinking back it seems like I got 53' needed before and after I figured out the tower height was in meters on the database and got it all punched in. But I may be mistaken and had it all correct on the end and just didn't write it down.

chad_96

Premium Subscriber
just for info
the SDS200's attenuation is about 20dbs or in human terms 1/100th of the original signal when on.
Yeah, I will have to read on that. It honestly makes no sense to me what you mean..

Edit- I would assume off the top of my head that attenuation of 20dbs and receiving better would make it seem to be a strong signal. Which would be nice to know is the case I suppose. Sure would be nice to not have to have a 53' mast outside.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I guess the curiosity thinking of what you've mentioned are, would it be known or common, if that's the situation of receiving thr strong signal that I obviously am it seems, to be that way most or all of the time? Or is that more of a situation of in phases? Sure seems it's stayed that way when I dial in on a filter that works.

And of course, the tower sits I think 174 feet higher than me, and my house sits in a valley. It's kind of wrapped in a bowl of sorts where I'm situated. I'm sure that has an effect as well? Maybe a good effect it would seem. I'm going to add 5 more feet on my antenna mast currently within the next few days and see what happens. Can't fo much more without guy wires and more mast to add on.
I only have a vague understanding myself, but I imagine that you having a consistent reception across days or weeks would probably mean that it will stay that way. It would probably more of a concern for weak signals that would probably be wiped out by turning on the attenuator.

Being in a valley makes me think it could be knife-edge diffraction, but radio waves can be bendy in general so I am not too sure.

chad_96

Premium Subscriber
I only have a vague understanding myself, but I imagine that you having a consistent reception across days or weeks would probably mean that it will stay that way. It would probably more of a concern for weak signals that would probably be wiped out by turning on the attenuator.

Being in a valley makes me think it could be knife-edge diffraction, but radio waves can be bendy in general so I am not too sure.
Thanks for the input on it. Very helpful in figuring it all out! I Appreciate it. We shall see what I find by experimenting at this point. This is all very interesting at this point.