Not open for further replies.

JERRYMASTER

I Keep Getting Hospital Pagers Bleeding Over On My Police Freqs. On Vhf
Anything I Can Do

Jerry

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Attenuation can sometimes help w/o hurting reception of the target channels if they are strong. However, to be more specific in our help let us know which scanner you are using and which city you are trying to scan.

fineshot1

If you can determine exactly which paging freqs are causing your problem you can order a notch filter from PAR Electronics and possibly cure or help solve your problem.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pager interference

JERRYMASTER said:
I Keep Getting Hospital Pagers Bleeding Over On My Police Freqs. On Vhf
Anything I Can Do

Jerry
There are a few things you can do, but it depends on your exact situation and what you're doing now. Are you using an outside antenna and/or amplifier? What frequency are you tuned to when you get the interference (several?)? Do you know the source and frequency of the interfering source?

The pagers may be an "image frequency" of your receiver. You may be supplying your receiver with too much signal, and it is not able to filter a non-tuned channel. If you only get this when tuned to a specific frequency, you might be able to mis-tune (program the wrong freq) your receiver and still receive what is desired while not receiving the pager.

But again, it all depends on the specific details of your situation.

JERRYMASTER

Bleed Over

The Freqs. Are All Between 155.00-158.00 And I'm Just Using A Mickey Mouse Att. From Radio Shack One 18" Vert.and 3 18" Ground Planes But The Only Thing That Has Me Flustrated Is We Have A Lot Of Hospital And Pager Co.
I Hear Some Are At Least 500 Watts

xpawel15x

I have a similar problem. 2 towns have same frequency but different PL codes. I'm in the middle way of each town, 1 is up north, 1 down south of me and I'm in the middle. The southern town is a bit weaker and it bleeds over every time the northern town makes a transmittion even with the PL code programmed. The interference totally blocks off the transmition and I don't hear anything until they stop talking... supposedly the only thing you can do in this case is point your antenna at the direction of the tower you want to hear and hope it doesn't bleed over..

N1GTL

Database Admin
The problem with pager interference is the issue is usually the transmitter. There are running crazy amounts of power and they are not clean and properly adjusted. Do a little research and find who is running the transmitters and contact them about this issue. I have found that paging is a dying service with the popularity of cellphones. I used to get tons of intermod and pager related interference in the late 80's and early 90's. It has all but disappeared.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
N1GTL said:
The problem with pager interference is the issue is usually the transmitter. There are running crazy amounts of power and they are not clean and properly adjusted. Do a little research and find who is running the transmitters and contact them about this issue. I have found that paging is a dying service with the popularity of cellphones. I used to get tons of intermod and pager related interference in the late 80's and early 90's. It has all but disappeared.

You are fortunate. I can tell you that in E Ohio / W PA / Northern WV paging is alive and well. Just recently additional paging transmitters were put online in covering this whole swatch of space, all the way from VHF to 900 mhz and everywhere in between. It's sickening the amount of power these paging companies run too.

Mike

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
N1GTL said:

Marcus's Box Mountain location is pretty darn close to me. Like, "I can see the blinking red light when I take a pee" close. Worse than pagers is the trunking control channels.!

bobmich52

Same Here TSX, Look Out My Back Window & There Is The Box Mountain Towers.

No Intermod Etc With My Inside Scanner At all, Go Mobile, I Get It Until I'm About A Mile Or So Away From It

Being Near It Is A Blessing, But A Curse On Occassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.