Scanner Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersight

Can anybody recommend a good protective case for a psr500? I had a website bookmarked a while back http://www.lilkase.com but the site has been down for at least a couple days now. (out of business perhaps?) I know scannermaster sells cases also, but I would like to hear from other peoples experience with the case they bought for their scanner.

tobarger

I have both the Lilkase and the soft leather case 01-581219 from ScannerMaster.
The Lilkase:
a) Very little protection, fits like a glove.
b) Clear plastic keyboard protector window.
c) Felt I had to make several modifications that nearly destroyed the case.
1) Larger speaker holes
2) Trim all inside seams
3) Punched an LED hole
4) Shortened strap
d) The square access holes on both sides are slightly misplaced.
e) Must use the scanners belt clip, which I would not trust.
In spite of everything I still use it for daily household use.

The ScannerMaster soft leather case:
a) More protective, the fit is slightly loose and the scanner slides in and out easily.
b) Integrated metal belt clip, no swivel but seems very secure.
c) Clear plastic keyboard protector window.
d) Very neat well made leather case.
I use this one if I'm taking the scanner outdoors for extended periods.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the ScannerMaster soft leather case.

Last edited:

hypersight

Tobarger - Thanks for taking the time to provide your input on these cases. Much appreciated. This will help me decide which one is best for me.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
There was a guy in Mexico making cases for the 96 & 97. Anyone know who he is? He used to be on Ebay from time to time. They were by far the best cases for the 96/7. Wonder if he has made any for the 500?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at the following link. Large number of cases for just about any need. Listed by device and they include dimensions for devices not listed. You have to go to a distributor to buy which I think is the only down side. Well made and reasonably priced.

http://www.ripoffs.com/

W2SJW

Database Admin
There was a guy in Mexico making cases for the 96 & 97. Anyone know who he is? He used to be on Ebay from time to time. They were by far the best cases for the 96/7. Wonder if he has made any for the 500?

Hmm, I thought he was from Puerto Rico. I had his 96 case, and that thing was the best case I EVER had for a scanner...

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Bad News

From the Mexican case manufacture........

"I have bad news for you, I don't have cases anymore.
I'm out of business.
Thanks for asking.
Have a good weekend.
Eduardo"

hypersight

Thanks for your replies everyone. I ended up ordering a soft leather case from scannermaster. Still nothing heard from Lilkase.com - I emailed them but I'm getting back: Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: sales@lilkase.com Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure why the website is down. David, the owner of Lilkase, is a member here. You may want to PM him. His ID is videng. I have 2 of his cases and they're great.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I ended up ordering a soft leather case from scannermaster. Still nothing heard from Lilkase.com - I emailed them but I'm getting back: Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: sales@lilkase.com Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Last edited:

CbusRog

Premium Subscriber
hypersight, did you receive your case yet? How do you like it? I just received the hard leather case w/ swivel belt clip from Scanner Master for my PSR-500. BTW, the hard leather case now has a clear plastic front.

Bojack

Nylon case

I received a nylon case today, it's ok, has a very snug fit & you have to take off the factory belt clip to get it in the nylon case. I think I will get a RMA a get the soft leather case.
-Bill

hypersight

hypersight, did you receive your case yet? How do you like it? I just received the hard leather case w/ swivel belt clip from Scanner Master for my PSR-500. BTW, the hard leather case now has a clear plastic front.

I just received the case today. I love it. Well made, and well fitting. The clip is pretty dang strong too. Will post a pic when I get home tonight.

hypersight

Here are some pics of the case as I promised

s11.jpg

s12.jpg

s13.jpg

s14.jpg

s1.jpg

Nasby

Man that is a nice looking case. Thanks for posting the pics. I'll be ordering one too!!

tobarger

They made it even better.
The part that secures the belt clip to the case is now leather too.
Mine is made of nylon strap.
I'm jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.