Scanner for Raleigh public safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

I love my 1040 thing I like about scanners such as the 1040 is you can program the scanlists like you which i find I like programming my scan lists by tower not area that way you rarely miss any traffic

LoneOwl

Awesome, now I am super excited. How hard is it to program? I am a software engineer so maybe not that hard?
I'm also in Raleigh, & monitor Raleigh PD, Wake SO and others, using the Uniden BCD996P2 & a program called FreeSCAN. Both work GREAT for me.
I'd be happy to share my database with you, and you could 'fine tune' it to your needs. It won't 'attach' here, but if you'll email me at Skip@GalleryOfAmericanLife.com, I'd be happy to email it to you. (I can't guarantee it'll 'convert over' to use in your scanner, though.)

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
What antenna should I buy, if any?

As most stuff there is 800 MHz, I would buy something like the Radio Shack 800 MHz rubber duck antenna. It also works pretty well on UHF, although not so much on VHF. That's the antenna I had on my Uniden scanner when I was in Raleigh, and it worked well on their system.

There are other options for base antennas if you are thinking of something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.