Scanner Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuzafuzz

Does anyone know of any maps like the one below, that show which states allow mobile scanner use? Could be handy when planning road trips through "big brother" states.

http://www.rmgo.org/images/Reciprocity3.jpg

This map shows which states have reciprocity agreements for Concealed Weapon Permits. It is not a "scanners legal" map. I mention it here only as a concept for a scanner map. However, it would be interesting to see any correlation between regulation of CCW and mobile scanners. States that prohibit both...well...you gotta wonder what they are thinking.

First Off,,i know this topic has been discussed..

IMHO,,
scanner laws,radar detector laws,
Nonsense..

they are designed to help law,..
OK,,,
But,If its such a no-no,,,why can you still purchase scanners in these states...

similar to my thoughts on laws lke the brady bill..

banning a gun,because it Looks like its automatic counterpart is for feel good
purposes only...

a criminal is going to commit crimes.period.Savvy crooks are going to have the gadgets to
assist in their endeavors.
the MOST i can see these laws producing-extra charges against defendants at arraignment.
similar to this,,
DUI traffic stop,driver flees ,chase ensues,,
the primary car in the pursuit will as a matter of SOP call out the speed,stop lights/signs ran through,lane changes without a blinker..ect..all chokked up and put on paper as violations to applied to the suspect..

Yes,we do need laws to Protect people..my thought,,why not focus on Real issues.

OR,,,may i be hit by lightning,,Have the FCC Ban All Scanners...
(i dont think the ham-radio enthusiasts lobby will like that)

BTW,,do we even have a lobby...lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.