Freescan: Scanner programming error

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone gotten this before?
This is a new problem, and I haven't changed anything...

I am trying to program the PA STARNet P25 system into my scanner and it won't let me. Yes, I have a reason to program the State Police knowing that they are encrypted.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't see any systems checked to upload.
During the upload process, FreeSCAN unchecks the systems as they are loaded.

If you look at the process stats below, you'll see that a number of systems and channels apparently loaded.

Has anyone gotten this before?
This is a new problem, and I haven't changed anything...

I am trying to program the PA STARNet P25 system into my scanner and it won't let me. Yes, I have a reason to program the State Police knowing that they are encrypted.
You can ignore the "band plan" errors. FreeSCAN generates that, usually, the first couple of times a new list is loaded. Since you are dealing wilth a P25 system, entering a band plan is not necessary. The scanner will get what it needs from control channel data.

You have a maximum limit of 500 talkgroups or 1000 channels per system. You might be going over that between the talkgroups & all the frequencies in the various sites. Your upload status from FreeSCAN shows over 600 channels loaded. You also have a limit of 20 groups per system. Did you pare those down to the 4 that show as loaded in FreeSCAN? Otherwise, you may be exceeding that as well.

You might post your FreeSCAN file so that someone can talk a peek & see what the error(s) might be. FreeSCAN uses file extension *.996, which cannot be directly attached to a post. You'll need to either compress (zip) the file or change the name of the file extention to upload. If you right-click on your file using Windows Explorer, you'll get a pop-up menu. One of the choices, down near the bottom, is "Send to:
Select that, which pops out a second menu. Use the option to send the file to a compressed (zipped) folder.
The zipped file can be attached to a post.

Attachments

• 1595036458702.png
    1595036458702.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1595037040511.png
    1595037040511.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.