Scanner Screen: Free Open Source Software for Uniden Scanners

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
D/l 2.641, no joy - I checked the properties of my documents folder and it hows "read only". I unchecked it, watched it update, then saw it was still unchecked. Seems like a weird my-laptop issue, not the program. Here's a jpg of the notice- change the extension from .txt to .jpg to get past issues with the forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-01 181939.txt.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-01 181939.txt.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-04-01 181939.txt.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-01 181939.txt.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
D/l 2.641, no joy - I checked the properties of my documents folder and it hows "read only". I unchecked it, watched it update, then saw it was still unchecked. Seems like a weird my-laptop issue, not the program. Here's a jpg of the notice- change the extension from .txt to .jpg to get past issues with the forum.
Do you have "OneDrive" in the path by any chance?
Using file explorer, my document folder is like this: C:\Users\bob\OneDrive\Documents

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
That path looks correct.

The dir name had spaces in it that I was using, the directory was not being created so the dir it now ties to create is scannerscreenlog please try it now.

version 2.642

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
That path looks correct.

The dir name had spaces in it that I was using, the directory was not being created so the dir it now ties to create is scannerscreenlog please try it now.

version 2.642
Try to create a folder in that directory using file explorer

Ubbe

Excellent program. Being able to scale the font size are a great feature.

Is is possible to add a selection to switch to military time, like the scanner display are using?
Could a display filter be added so that any frequency beginning with a zero will have those zeros being removed?
Can the text-to-speech feature have a read-ahead function so that if it only are zeros left of the digits it could skip those?
Can a row be added to display the total duration time of the conversation?
Could the month digits instead show the name, Mar, Apr and so on? It would be less confusing for us non-US guys.

edit: Also if there's a windows function that can be selected to move the window to front at any activity?

/Ubbe

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Very strange I can not get it to do this.

Path looks correct. What av are you running?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

Is is possible to add a selection to switch to military time, like the scanner display are using?
Could a display filter be added so that any frequency beginning with a zero will have those zeros being removed?
Can the text-to-speech feature have a read-ahead function so that if it only are zeros left of the digits it could skip those?
Could the month digits instead show the name, Mar, Apr and so on? It would be less confusing for us non-US guys.

/Ubbe
Excellent ideas. Let me see what I can do

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Here is another program I wrote that is opensource. Use scanner screen to keep track of the airways and spacegetti to keep track of the cosmos.

The two make a great combination feels like a command and control center.

Let me know if you like it.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

edit: Also if there's a windows function that can be selected to move the window to front at any activity?

/Ubbe
I have added a few of your requests.
1. Month is now Apr
2. Military time is default (You can go to view to change it) the setting affects the screen display, the realtime log and the log file
3. Text to speech removes the zeros on the left
I will have to think about the duration as I write the event as soon as it happens not afterwards.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
1. Month is now Apr
2. Military time is default (You can go to view to change it) the setting affects the screen display, the realtime log and the log file
I will have to think about the duration as I write the event as soon as it happens not afterwards.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
If any one is using this on one of the newer scanners sds via a serial connecting let me know if its working or not.
There are two settings for scanner types, the hp-1 uses a checksum the other one does not.
If it works let me know, if it does not let me know and send me the text from the raw data window.
I do not have the luxry of owning the latest and greatest scanners so your input is welcome.
I do not think uniden would have changed the data format.. However you never know as the hp-1 was different than the 536.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
If any one is using this on one of the newer scanners sds via a serial connecting let me know if its working or not.
There are two settings for scanner types, the hp-1 uses a checksum the other one does not.
If it works let me know, if it does not let me know and send me the text from the raw data window.
I do not have the luxry of owning the latest and greatest scanners so your input is welcome.
I do not think uniden would have changed the data format.. However you never know as the hp-1 was different than the 536.

1. Month is now Apr
Just added a windows on top check box and a windows flash text box

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Thanks for the work on this!
I have been using an SDS200 selecting the 436/536 setting with no problems except the logging issue noted above which continues with 2.641.
My path as shown is C:\users\wblos\Documents\ScannerScreenLogs\...
Are you suggesting I set a folder as C:\Users\username\ ?
thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-03 082921.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 082921.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the work on this!
I have been using an SDS200 selecting the 436/536 setting with no problems except the logging issue noted above which continues with 2.641.
My path as shown is C:\users\wblos\Documents\ScannerScreenLogs\...
Are you suggesting I set a folder as C:\Users\username\ ?
thanks!