Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Try the newest version 2.644

If that does not work will add the feature to select dir

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Please
Thanks for the work on this!
I have been using an SDS200 selecting the 436/536 setting with no problems except the logging issue noted above which continues with 2.641.
My path as shown is C:\users\wblos\Documents\ScannerScreenLogs\...
Are you suggesting I set a folder as C:\Users\username\ ?
thanks!
please try version 2.644 of that does not work will add option to select dir

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
d/l 2.444 still the same issue, sorry.
2.646 has the ability to set the directory. Hope this works for you. Drop down for sds and hp-1 changed to hp-#

Please try and let me know maybe you can find dir you have rights to

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
WE HAVE A WINNER! Selecting a different directory did the trick. Have no idea why I can't get write privileges changed in "Documents" - I save all my documents on my NAS and do not use that.
BUT THANKS for working on this, and making it work for me and a better product for all to enjoy!

Warmly,

Wally

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
WE HAVE A WINNER! Selecting a different directory did the trick. Have no idea why I can't get write privileges changed in "Documents" - I save all my documents on my NAS and do not use that.
BUT THANKS for working on this, and making it work for me and a better product for all to enjoy!

Warmly,

Wally
Glad it worked for you! Yes having an option to choose the directory was a great idea. Thank you.

Ubbe

On the first row where it says "Scanning or Idle" when it displays a conventional frequency it will say 0450.562500 or 0042.525000. Could it be possible to get rid of the leading zero's? Perhaps even trailing zero's so that 42.525000 instead will show as 42.525 and could then also help text to speech to not say a lot of zeros after each frequency? Maybe even an AI function to never show less than 3 decimals so that not all decimal zeros are removed?

For that "Window stay on top" function, that now are permanent, could it be invoked just briefly, one shoot, when the scanner stops on a conversation? That way it would pop up front but can manually be set to background by the user and will pop up again at the next switch from Idle/Scanning to monitor mode. Can that be done even when minimized?

I let the program run overnight and in the morning it had dropped the serial connection and could not be reconnected. Other programs like the Uniden RH-536 could access the same comport and worked without any issues. When then going back to ScannerScreen it still refused to connect to the same comport. It seems like ScannerSceen uses another way to access the comport than Unidens program. I use Win7.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

One thing I notice when scanning DMR OFT systems and when they have a private user to user call, that the site name appear in the system column, and department and system are not picked up and are blank. Uniden seem to use another format of the info being sent on the serial port in OFT or private call than in Mototrb trunked TG.

Is it possible to add another row to show RSSI signal strength, one to five bars or stars, something easy to see?

/Ubbe

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
On the first row where it says "Scanning or Idle" when it displays a conventional frequency it will say 0450.562500 or 0042.525000. Could it be possible to get rid of the leading zero's? Perhaps even trailing zero's so that 42.525000 instead will show as 42.525 and could then also help text to speech to not say a lot of zeros after each frequency? Maybe even an AI function to never show less than 3 decimals so that not all decimal zeros are removed?

For that "Window stay on top" function, that now are permanent, could it be invoked just briefly, one shoot, when the scanner stops on a conversation? That way it would pop up front but can manually be set to background by the user and will pop up again at the next switch from Idle/Scanning to monitor mode. Can that be done even when minimized?

I let the program run overnight and in the morning it had dropped the serial connection and could not be reconnected. Other programs like the Uniden RH-536 could access the same comport and worked without any issues. When then going back to ScannerScreen it still refused to connect to the same comport. It seems like ScannerSceen uses another way to access the comport than Unidens program. I use Win7.

/Ubbe
Send me a screen shot of the screen concerning the Freq with zeros what version are you running because I added that feature to strip the freq of zeros maybe is showing up in different field send me the raw data.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
One thing I notice when scanning DMR OFT systems and when they have a private user to user call, that the site name appear in the system column, and department and system are not picked up and are blank. Uniden seem to use another format of the info being sent on the serial port in OFT or private call than in Mototrb trunked TG.

Is it possible to add another row to show RSSI signal strength, one to five bars or stars, something easy to see?

/Ubbe
Send me a screenshot so I can see raw data

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

/Ubbe
On the signal is that avail in the raw data?

Ubbe

Send me a screen shot of the screen concerning the Freq with zeros what version are you running because I added that feature to strip the freq of zeros maybe is showing up in different field send me the raw data.

1712263953811.jpeg
/Ubbe

Last edited:

Ubbe

On the signal is that avail in the raw data?
It scrolls too fast so I cannot see the beginning and that raw data window then only shows the last line, that are the user id and the site name. I have to connect a terminal program and send the GLG command to see the whole result. Unidens RH536 serial port monitor program shows everything including signal strength but they might be using a different command that gives more details, or might send another command after the first one when activity are detected to retrieve all the other stuff.

15:38:15 04 apr 2024 i521 NFM Soder
15:38:22 04 apr 2024 i553 NFM Soder
15:38:41 04 apr 2024 i521 NFM Soder

/Ubbe

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber

/Ubbei open

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Okay

If the line has a period
It will get rid of the 00 leading zeros before the period
It will also get rid of the tailing zeros after the period now

so 00123.00456000 would be

version 2.647

Try it and let me know.