Scanner search

Status
Not open for further replies.

92naron

I am a wheelchair bound person with MS and enjoy snooping with my scanner. My unit is an old HH Uniden and I would like to upgrade to a base scanner/exterior antenna. A ny suggestions on a not to expensive unit?
My area in NW Washington is still analog.

localknitwits

I second the BCT15X. Great scanner. Just use software to program it which makes it 1000x quicker and easier. Programming it manually is simple to but takes a lot of time. There's a lot of extra features on the scanner which I'll probably never use but its nice knowing if I want to they are there.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I realize you said not to expensive, but if your area is now or in the future planning to upgrade to the newer systems, you might want to consider a scanner that can receive Phase 2 transmissions.

The scanner above is not digital as well. Scanner master sells it for $189.00.

My only reason for this advice is that I hate to see someone buy a good analog scanner, spend $200.00 + on it, then find out 6 months down the road you have lost a lot of your scanning capability due to radio upgrades.

I just like to prepare for the future if possible.

As always..just my humble opinion. Good Luck

Greg

N8IAA

His county, plus one city uses LTR Multinet. The city he inquired about is conventional analog. I'm sure that he is good to go with the 15X.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.