Scanner Signal meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
"One last question Manny, what is this stuff you built your meter from? They're usually built from parts..."

The signal meter project was built fresh from the ground up. Everything was taken from commercial catalogs. The exterior case is a modified hard plastic project case.I dont know exactly where everything was purchased right this second because the meter project is several years old now. However, a lot of thought and money went into this baby! The meters alone came directly from Icom and were about $25 each. No Radio Shack throw away parts here folks. My thinking is that if I was going to do this, it might as well be done right the very first time. I myself did not do the assembly part. I had a EE friend of mine put it all together and calibrate the darn thing. I'm good but not THAT good to do it all by myself. I had a hand in almost every button, switch, ect that went into the project. The ideas and design are all mine. I wish I had the pics of the inside. I decided to do this in honor of Bill Cheek and to bring back some life to my Pro-2006. Its nice to know you have something that is one of a kind and that you helped build.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.