Scanning Westmoreland County, PA police dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

oconnorb

Hello,

I've been listening to the Broadcastify stream "Westmoreland County Public Safety" ( Westmoreland County Public Safety Live Audio Feed ), but I haven't been hearing any police dispatch activity there - only fire and EMS. I am wondering if this is because the stream operator isn't scanning the right talk groups, doesn't have a scanner that fully supports P25 Phase II, or if it's because police dispatch activity is all encrypted. I know Westmoreland County is using an 800Mhz P25 Phase II system, and I would like to know if I'll be able to reliably scan police calls on this system using a Uniden SDS100 scanner before I spend the money on one. Does anyone out there know? Thanks!

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I've been listening to the Broadcastify stream "Westmoreland County Public Safety" ( Westmoreland County Public Safety Live Audio Feed ), but I haven't been hearing any police dispatch activity there - only fire and EMS. I am wondering if this is because the stream operator isn't scanning the right talk groups, doesn't have a scanner that fully supports P25 Phase II, or if it's because police dispatch activity is all encrypted. I know Westmoreland County is using an 800Mhz P25 Phase II system, and I would like to know if I'll be able to reliably scan police calls on this system using a Uniden SDS100 scanner before I spend the money on one. Does anyone out there know? Thanks!
Westmoreland is still Phase 1. There is some encryption, but with the exception of District 9, all the dispatch talkgroups are in the clear. An SDS100 will work, yes.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Yes an SDS100 will work reliably on the system. All the counties are using simulcast so SDS is a benefit to listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.