scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHIBALNATION

I live in Elkton,Md. and own a PRO-96.What are my options to scan in Cecil County? I have the trunking system that works fine for neighboring New Castle County, De. I do believe the cecil county sheriffs office is encrypted. But the frequencies I got from here 155.13750 etc. are nothing but humming and beeps, I don't even know what these frequencies are for, it list it as simulcast. I seem to get the cecil county fire dispatch also, but don't seem to be able to receive the ems. I am fairly new to the scanning scene. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I usually travel through Cecil briefly on my way up North, and rarely listen to the other conventional freqs except for the fire/EMS dispatch freq. The trunk system is unmonitorable in any case. Perhaps someone can chime in about where the EMS goes after dispatch - maybe to the EMRC frequencies?

Emergency Medical Resources Center (EMRC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If memory serves, Cecil county is considered Region III using Tone C - that writeup should be redone so it's readable. It runs together entirely too much.

If you are trying to hear the Kent County interop, that's on 151.13750, not 155.13750, per the database. Sounds like that bad frequency might be paging of some kind.

73 Mike

Cecil EMS switches to the EMS Ops channel of the trunked system after dispatch. In other words unmonitorable unless listening by way of livefirefeeds.com. Cecil County Sheriff is not encrypted however there is no way to monitor them.

Status
Not open for further replies.