School district police

robertsdoug

Feed Provider
I attempted to submit a feed for a school district police department and was denied with the reasoning that this website would never stream a school district Police Department. Well, I’ll look today in the case that the same police department that I was denied streaming several years ago is now streaming. CCSD police-

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Difference is you likely indicated your intention to stream school district activity when you submitted the app for your stream & it was therefore denied on the spot. The provider of this stream likely applied to stream LE, FIre & EMS primarily, perhaps they omitted their intent to stream CCSD when they applied for the stream and added it in later? You and the provider of the stream you linked would have had to agree to the terms of service first (one of them agreeing to not broadcast school activity) before proceeding to the next step. Whether what the stream provider is streaming is a violation of their terms of service or not is for Broadcastify to determine but I'm sure it's impossible to police every stream for violations without a report coming in...
1722426853250.png

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
There is a good chance your feed application wasn't clear on what you were going to broadcast.

Yes, believe it or not, we get feed applications all the time from folks that want to broadcast their local school district bus communications, or football team intercoms, or hallway communications, or field trip radios, or carpool line. It's like... seriously people?

You see all those things listed in "other feeds" that aren't allowed to be broadcasted? yes, we receive feed applications ALL THE TIME for all that stuff.

egftechman

Feed Provider
There is a good chance your feed application wasn't clear on what you were going to broadcast.

Yes, believe it or not, we get feed applications all the time from folks that want to broadcast their local school district bus communications, or football team intercoms, or hallway communications, or field trip radios, or carpool line. It's like... seriously people?

You see all those things listed in "other feeds" that aren't allowed to be broadcasted? yes, we receive feed applications ALL THE TIME for all that stuff.
Do they not know how to read?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Even after reporting this and posting here, the feed is still up.
So whats your problem? Apparently school police is allowed vs general school communications. The sticking point would be if you are trying to get a school regular channel approved for police etc that they may use to call an officer over.

Ive seen departments where a SRO will have their agency radio then also given a school "business" radio so they can hear the internal chatter.