• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Scraping info from Unitrunker and using it in RPM14 -> Trunked Frequency Sets

wesky

G'day,

I'm using Unitrunker to ascertain the information from a local site's control channel for a P25 system I wish to monitor (NAS). I've been able to easily identify the Band Plan (IDEN) and the other particulars (WACN, NAC, SysID etc), but I'm not too sure where to find the 'Trunked Frequency Set'.

1. I'm not sure which tab, within Unitrunker, corelates to the Trunked Frequency Set
2. In Unitrunker, how do I know what is the Transmit Frequency and the Receive Frequency. I've seen in videos that one of these frequencies is calculated automatically (in RPM) but no matter what frequency I enter and in which input box (in RPM), the opposing frequency remains the same as the one I've entered.

Re point 1, I'm referring to these tabs within Unitrunker > System
1701072690470.png

(e.g. Obviously Band Plan = IDEN, but Trunked Frequency Set = ????)

My guess is the 'Channels' tab and those that are 'Voice:
1701072891802.png
But those don't appear to do anything and I am not having much luck working out what is 'Receive' and what is 'Transmit'. Just a note on those frequencies that are 'Secure' - this P25 system contains multiple services (Police, Fire and Ambulance - in my area). The 'Fire' TGs are not encrypted - which is what I'm wanting to NAS to.

For those interested, here is the associated RR Site DB entry I'm attempting to NAS to Metropolitan Mobile Radio (MMR) Site: Deer Park

Cheers!

PS: apologies, this post probably would've also suited a different form/thread but figured here was the right spot given that I'm tying it back to RPM14.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
The two marked as control (checkmark) are what you put in the frequency set, remember to follow the iDEN set for proper offset or it will yell at you.

merlin

You have to build your frequency set with the frequencies you show.
Note there is an offset to the TX/RX frquency.
Enter the TX frequency, the RX frequency autofills.
This applies to each set.
Your default iden set should be entered with the base TX frquency, its offset, and bandwidth.
Line 2 you enter the base RX frequency, its offset, and banwidth.
P25 p2 enter line 9, base, tx, bw, line 10, base, rx, bw.
NAS is fairly easy, start with system setup and select 'auto registration' to NEVER.
For each and every channel entry, 'uncheck' the TX box.
Example with my system:

Attachments

• Screenshot (78).png
    Screenshot (78).png
    188 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot (79).png
    Screenshot (79).png
    161.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (80).png
    Screenshot (80).png
    161.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

merlin

I should note your control channels don't have to be entered with voice channels, however, alternate control channels can cary voice and won't hurt if entered with voice channels.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
You have to build your frequency set with the frequencies you show.
Note there is an offset to the TX/RX frquency.
Enter the TX frequency, the RX frequency autofills.
This applies to each set.
Your default iden set should be entered with the base TX frquency, its offset, and bandwidth.
Line 2 you enter the base RX frequency, its offset, and banwidth.
P25 p2 enter line 9, base, tx, bw, line 10, base, rx, bw.
NAS is fairly easy, start with system setup and select 'auto registration' to NEVER.
For each and every channel entry, 'uncheck' the TX box.
Example with my system:

Wouldn't P2 be in slot 2 &3 ? I know its system dependent depending on M or Harris. I've seen M P2 using 2-3. I may be wrong, but with a M SU that will work, but with a Harris SU on a M system it has to be 9-10.

wesky

Some interesting observations:

1. Within RPM14:
    1. System Setup > P25 Trunked System > System NAC: Asks for the HEX. When I've entered the HEX, converted from the DEC, it fails to lock on. For example Unitrunker shows DEC 169, converted to HEX it's A9. If I provide A9, the radio fails to lock on to the CC. If I provide 169, it works as expected.
    2. WA Networks > P25 Networks > System/Region ID: Asks for the HEX. When I've entered the HEX, converted from the DEC, it fails to lock on. For example Unitrunker shows DEC 164, converted to HEX it's A4. If I provide A4, the radio fails to lock on to the CC. If I provide 164, it works as expected.
    3. Group Sets > System ID: Asks for the HEX and works as expected. For example, if the SYSID in Unitrunker is 164, I convert that to HEX which is A4. A4 works as expected but entering 164 does not work. This is different to what is seen in point 3, despite the same parameter.
Whether this a translation issue from Unitrunker into RPM, I'm not too sure but it took a lot of playing around to find the issue.

I should mention that the above observations are true for 2 P25 systems, and multiple sites, I've tested in my area.

I hope this helps someone save a bit of time.