BC75XLT: Screen display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dundee15

Not sure if you can make it out in the picture or not but the screen on my bc75xlt has seemed to broken up. Does anyone know of a fix to this problem?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 726

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Send it in to Uniden for repair. The LCD driver (or the connections between the LCD and driver) have failed.

Dundee15

Bummer.. the price to send it in and get it serviced I could get buy a new one, I'll just have to deal with the screen as is.

Diddley

How old is the scanner? I've read in several places that this is a well-known issue with this radio...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
This is the only report I recall seeing of this issue on this model. I can find no such report on Amazon for this model (but I did not look through all 1000+ questions...and note that those questions are for any of nine different models that are linked together, two of which did have an issue with the backlight, but none having any issue with the display itself).

Diddley

I've seen a few reports on here stating the same issue I'm having with mine.

So have I, hence my question for asking if there was indeed a "bad" batch of these radios that went out. And if so, how many are out there? LCD panels failing so suddenly are a classic sign of poor quality control. And you aren't the only one either, because another friend of mine who now lives out West said his display failed at six months old--repaired under warranty. This was in November 2014... I'm leaning more and more towards the 125AT now...

Last edited:

Diddley

I've seen a few reports on here stating the same issue I'm having with mine.

Just got a message back from my buddy, asking him to check his serial number on the back of his unit. He told me his was in the 380XXXX range FWIW... You might want to check yours?

danlewis

Feed Provider
My display went wonky when the scanner was about a year old as well. Sometimes the display will come back to life, but most of the time I only see some of the pixels.

jhouse55

Premium Subscriber
Had the same issue on my 346xt, it’s in route to Uniden repair and will be there Monday [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.