Screen flickering...ughh

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

My newer 200 now has the screen flicker. The other locked threads on this didn't really provide much of a resolution. I assume this has to be sent in to customer service now to correct? Shame its only 2 months old and the screen flicker is insane.

frazpo

My newer 200 now has the screen flicker. The other locked threads on this didn't really provide much of a resolution. I assume this has to be sent in to customer service now to correct? Shame its only 2 months old and the screen flicker is insane.
Yes. Just got mine back. Same issue. Covered by warranty of course.

mitbr

I'm unsure why the default response to a problem with a SCANNER radio is followed by the response of why dont you buy a pager. Lol. Two different products guys. Most scanner hobbyist cant get what they need out of a pager.
Its a response to the OP specifically I am not suggesting people buy a pager instead of a scanner and the OP already has the Unication! :cool:

radio3353

Mine did the same thing. I opened it and made sure all cables were set properly. Didn't fix it. Fortunately (?) it happened rather quickly so I returned it for a refund. Done with this series of scanners. Hopefully they can make a future product as solid as my BC780XLT - 19 years old and still on my desk scanning away. I used Amazon so I was not out any money. I was so happy to get a hum free unit and then the screen problem happened. :censored: I hope you get a good resolution.

WeBeCinYa

Maybe someone can chime in that’s had same issue and let us know what repair was performed by Uniden.

frazpo

Maybe someone can chime in that’s had same issue and let us know what repair was performed by Uniden.
I just had the same issue. They replaced the display and a ground wire. I'm hoping I dont have the hum. I repaired the hum by removing laquer from the display board to properly ground the display to the frame. Now that I have a new display I suppose the hum may return. Havent been home to find out yet.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

greggk

Premium Subscriber
If you take the radio apart and try to fix it, then send it to Uniden, they may not honor any warranty if they discover its been tinkered with. FWIW. IMHO. Greg

frazpo

If you take the radio apart and try to fix it, then send it to Uniden, they may not honor any warranty if they discover its been tinkered with. FWIW. IMHO. Greg
I knew that when I repaired it. It's been in and returned so I guess it didn't matter. The repair I completed was the only 100% cure for the hum.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I knew that when I repaired it. It's been in and returned so I guess it didn't matter. The repair I completed was the only 100% cure for the hum.
I was NOT criticizing, only offering a tip . I'm not sure what its all about now..lol. Greg

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I was NOT criticizing, only offering a tip . I'm not sure what its all about now..lol. Greg

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I just had the same issue. They replaced the display and a ground wire. I'm hoping I dont have the hum. I repaired the hum by removing laquer from the display board to properly ground the display to the frame. Now that I have a new display I suppose the hum may return. Havent been home to find out yet.

Is it possible the "hum modification" caused this? I've wondered whether the design had any purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.