Screen Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
I've had this BCD536HP for around 6 months, and I got it used. It's never had any issues.
But lately I have noticed when the scanner is scanning, and therefore the screen is changing rapidly, it kind of looks blurry. The same thing happens when scrolling through menu options.

Any ideas on:

1) If this is an issue or an indication of something wrong
2) If there is any way to fix it.

I appreciate all help received.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Older 536s had an issue where the display got darker and darker. Union and denied it for a while then acknowledged it and had a repair campaign. This is like a six-year-old radio and just recently the repair campaign was stopped. It also had issues with the clock.

Is the screen getting dimmer or is it still very bright just blurry? A blurry screen I don't remember but maybe someone else does. I owned one of the first ones and did get the dim screen.

BC2001

Jesse
Older 536s had an issue where the display got darker and darker. Union and denied it for a while then acknowledged it and had a repair campaign. This is like a six-year-old radio and just recently the repair campaign was stopped. It also had issues with the clock.

Is the screen getting dimmer or is it still very bright just blurry? A blurry screen I don't remember but maybe someone else does. I owned one of the first ones and did get the dim screen.
It's just the blurriness, I've not noticed any dimness in the screen yet.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
It's just the blurriness, I've not noticed any dimness in the screen yet.
Is the radio cold? I have a BCT15X and a BCD996P2 in my car. When it gets cold outside, the scanner display is blurry when scanning until the car warms up.
You know the dimming screen was very common at one point, hence the repair campaign but I don't remember a 536 having a blurry screen. I will research that.

The 15 and 996 have a different kind of screen but that's a good suggestion to see if it makes any difference when the radio runs for a while.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So I just did a quick search and found many responses regarding dimming screen but nothing on a blurry screen so here's an idea.

Is there any chance the screen itself may have been cleaned with something that shouldn't have been used and has been damaged in some way? When the radio is off is the screen shiny and clean or does it look like it has a cast on it or does it look blurry and dull even when the radio is off like maybe a caustic cleaner was used to clean it.

I've only thought of this because in my many years of experience I did ruin a screen once... You never do it more than once lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.